The much awaited Samsung Galaxy S8 was released a few days back and the hype around the device is far from over. Only a very few phones receive the kind of attention that the S8 has been receiving. Even when the Note 7 (R.I.P.) was released, it did not get the attention of many users. Galaxy S8 is a whole different story. A few days ago, we reported how you can download and install Galaxy S8 launcher on Samsung Devices running Android Nougat. A lot of our users have been asking me for a backport of the launcher for older Android versions; it’s finally here, thanks to the XDA Forum member SinnloserTyp. Read along to download and install Samsung Galaxy S8 Launcher on Samsung Devices running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
There are two methods available right now. One is a non-root method and the other (old) one is root method.
1. Non-Root method[NEW]:
Download Galaxy S8 Launcher for Samsung Marshmallow Devices [No Root]:
Please click below to download the Galaxy S8 Touchwiz Launcher for Samsung Galaxy devices running Android Marshmallow without root:
Like the article?Never miss an update, follow us on social media!:)
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on Google Plus:
Install Galaxy S8 Launcher for Samsung Marshmallow Devices[No Root]:
- Copy the downloaded file to your phone.
- Open a file manager of your choice and navigate to the downloaded file.
- Tap on the downloaded file to install as normal APK file.
- Update the Google app to the latest version from Play Store.
2. Root Method[OLD]:
Download Galaxy S8 Launcher for Samsung Marshmallow Devices [Root]:
Please click below to download the Galaxy S8 Touchwiz Launcher for Samsung Galaxy devices running Android Marshmallow:
Install Galaxy S8 Launcher for Samsung Marshmallow Devices[Root]:
Follow the below steps to install the Galaxy S8 Launcher:
- Copy the downloaded file to your phone memory.
- Open any root explorer of your choice.
- Move the downloaded .apk file to system/priv-app/TouchWizHome_2016
- Set correct permissions rw-r–r–
- Reboot your phone.
The app should install just fine on your Marshmallow device. Enjoy!
Troubleshooting Installation Errors:
1) Disable any lockscreen security and pin code
2) Add apk shortcut to do homescreen via my files
2) Reboot the device
3) As soon as you see anything on screen rush it and install the apk asap.
Below is a visual guide:
If you have root, try the below steps to rectify the Application not installed issue:
You need to edit a file in the root folder. You will need a root file explorer app to do this. Edit “support nfc hw keyboard” line in the file “etc/floating_features.xml” from “true” to “false”:
<SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_COMMON_SUPPORT_NFC_HW_KEYBOA RD>TRUE</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_COMMON_SUPPORT_NFC_HW_KEYBOAR D>
<SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_COMMON_SUPPORT_NFC_HW_KEYBOA RD>FALSE</SEC_FLOATING_FEATURE_COMMON_SUPPORT_NFC_HW_KEYBOAR D>