Android O Developer Preview 2 was announced and showcased yesterday at this year’s Google IO. Google’s Operating System has became even more awesome than before! 2x faster reboot time, faster app loading time, instant apps, new updates for Google Assitant and Google Photos are some of the many things announced yesterday. As usual, there are some visual changes in the latest Android O Developer Preview 2 as well. One such is the latest Pixel Launcher. We did report about the Pixel Launcher from Developer Preview 1 when it first came out, which was ported to work on older device by the XDA Member linuxct. Today, he has done it again! Now we have the latest Android O Developer Preview 2 Pixel Launcher available for download!
More Google Pixel Stuff
Stock Apps CollectionView our complete collection of stock apps (ported to work on all devices) by visiting the below link:
Download Android O Developer Preview 2 Pixel Launcher
Click below to download latest Android O Developer Preview 2 Pixel Launcher:
Recommended for you: [5.0+] Download the New Android O Emoji for Any Android Device
Loving the new Pixel Launcher?Never miss an update, follow us on social media!
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on Google Plus:
Install Android O Pixel Launcher for any Android Device
Just download the APK file and tap on the downloaded file to install it as normal APK.
Things to keep in mind before installing:
- As this is the modified version of the official Pixel launcher, you need uninstall any existing version of the launcher before installing this version.
- When the app is first opened, it might exit automatically. If it does, do not worry, this is alright. Open it again, it will work fine.
Get Google Now Support
Google Now Needs RootWhile all the other features work flawlessly without root, ‘Swipe Right for Google Now’ needs root to work.
To enable ‘Swipe left to get Google Now’, you need to install the app as system app. Follow the below steps:
- Open the root file manager of your choice. I recommend using ES File Explorer (cos it’s free).
- Go to the root directory of your phone.
- Copy the downloaded APK file. Go to system > app and paste the file there.
- Change permissions of the file you just copied and set it to ‘rw-r–r–‘. Refer the screenshot below:
- Reboot the phone for the changes to take effect.
Now your Pixel Launcher will have Google Now Support.
Install Google Pixel Launcher Wallpaper Picker:
You also need to install the below app to get the most out of the Pixel Launcher. This app enables you change wallpaper from inside the Pixel Launcher itself.
Click below to download the add-on wallpaper picker Google Pixel Launcher:
So, that’s about it for now folks, more to come in the future!