A detailed step by step guide how to enable Google Pixel 2 Always on Display on the Nexus 6P, Pixel, and Pixel XL. No root required! It has been quite a while since Google has unveiled its latest flagship devices, the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. Since the very beginning, users have been reporting multiple issues with the Pixel 2 duo; they can’t seem to catch a break! But the buzz and hype around the device are far from over. There are still some users out there who claim to have no issues with their Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL. And there is also the fact that it has been rated as the best camera on any smartphone till date! We have brought you the Pixel 2 Ringtones, Wallpapers, Fonts, Boot Animation, and even the Pixel 2 Live Wallpapers. We even put together a great guide to convert your phone into a Pixel 2.
Today, we have something a bit different for you. Yes, we now have a way to get the Pixel 2’s Always on Display on Nexus 6P and the Original Pixel and Pixel XL. Mishaal Rahman from XDA Developers has put together a great guide for this. All right, read ahead to know how you can enable Pixel 2 Always on Display on Nexus 6P, Pixel and Pixel XL.
- You must have Nexus 6P, Pixel or Pixel XL. This mod works fine on Nexus 5X as well, but not recommended as it does not have AMOLED Display.
- You need to be on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo Developer Preview. You can find the firmware files here.
- This tutorial makes use of Substratum and Andromeda for Substratum which helps in rootlessly theming Android Oreo Devices. If you do not have this on your device, follow the below guide:
Guide to Enable Google Pixel 2 Always on Display Feature on the Nexus 6P, Pixel, and Pixel XL
- Make sure you have thoroughly gone through all the things mentioned in the ‘Prerequisites’ section above. Remember, Substratum and Andromeda are a must for this guide.
- Install the ‘Always on Enabler‘ app from Google Play Store by clicking below: InFlames03 for the above app.
- After installing the above > Open ‘Substratum‘ app > Look for ‘Always On Enabler‘.
- Tap on it to open and again tap on ‘select to toggle all overlays‘.
- Tap on the floating circle button at the bottom right corner of the app.
- Tap on ‘Build & Enable.’
- Reboot your device.
- After reboot, go to Settings > Display > Advanced > Tap on ‘Ambient Display’. If it is already enabled, disable it and enable again.
Congratulation, enjoy the all-new Google Pixel 2 Always on Display on your Nexus 6P, Google Pixel and Pixel XL.