Our beloved OnePlus 3/3T comes in two flavors. One with the Stock’ish Oxygen OS and the other with heavily customized Hydrogen OS. The ROM is very colorful and has many customization options. The Hydrogen OS is exclusively shipped only to Chinese markets. Recently, those who have opted in for Beta testing has received Oxygen OS Open Beta 12 based on Android 7.1.1. OnePlus has been working crazy fast this time, to deliver the OS updates in time. The have also released an official Hydrogen OS 3.0 OTA based on the latest Android 7.1.1. Even if you are running Oxygen OS at the moment, you can download and install Hydrogen OS 3.0 on your OnePlus 3/3T if you want to try something different.
Hydrogen OS is one of the most customized os out there!
Table of Contents
- 1 Features of Hydrogen OS 3.0 (Android 7.1.1) for OnePlus 3/3T:
- 2 Screenshots:
- 3 Download Hydrogen OS 3.0 (Android 7.1.1) for OnePlus 3/3T:
- 4 Install Hydrogen OS 3.0 (Android 7.1.1) for OnePlus 3/3T:
- 5 Installing Google Play Services on OnePlus 3/3T:
- 6 Remove Chinese Apps from Hydrogen OS:
- 7 Editor’s Pick for you:
Features of Hydrogen OS 3.0 (Android 7.1.1) for OnePlus 3/3T:
Below are the new features that has been added in the latest version of Hydrogen OS:
- Recommended for you: Download and Install OnePlus 3/3T Control Center
While setting wallpaper, there is a new option called ‘Shot on OnePlus’. This is where user submit their pictures (shot with OnePlus device) from around the world and everyone else can use it as wallpaper. There is also an option to schedule it to change everyday.
All your notes are synchronized to a secure cloud. No more worries about losing them!
- Low resolution images can now be zoomed without problem.
- Pictures can be grouped by year and month as a collection.
- While taking pictures with Camera, they can be tagged with People, Places and Time.
- Geographical location is displayed by default when viewing a photo.
- Ability to hide/unhide photos of your choice.
- Increased level of correction.
- Increased color temperature, bright/dark adjustments.
- Ability to choose brush thickness while editing.
- Option to add your own custom watermark.
- Optimized editing of long screenshots.
Download Hydrogen OS 3.0 (Android 7.1.1) for OnePlus 3/3T:
Download the one appropriate for your device.
You can download the Hydrogen OS 3.0 files from the below:
- OnePlus 3: OnePlus3Hydrogen_16_OTA_014_all_1702242121_0c67dd86455d.zip
- OnePlus 3T: OnePlus3THydrogen_28_OTA_014_all_1702241659_5110e34eeb.zip
Recommended for you: Download and Install MIUI 8 on OnePlus 3 – Complete Guide
Install Hydrogen OS 3.0 (Android 7.1.1) for OnePlus 3/3T:
- Place the .zip file downloaded from the above step in your in phone’s internal memory.
- Turn off your phone and boot into recovery mode. TWRP is recommended and used in this example.
- Make a complete backup of your phone. Tap on ‘Backup’ and select all partitions and initiate the backup.
- Go back to main TWRP main menu and select ‘Wipe’. On the next screen, swipe the slider which says ‘Swipe to factory reset’.
- Go back again to TWRP main menu and tap in ‘Install’. Navigate to and choose the .zip file you placed on your phone.
- Tap on ‘Swipe to confirm flash’ to initiate flashing process and wait for it to finish.
- Reboot when the flashing succeeds.
Voila! You now have the latest Hydrogen OS 3.0 (Android 7.1.1) on your OnePlus 3/3T.
- You might also like: [Download] iOS Music Player for Android
Installing Google Play Services on OnePlus 3/3T:
Being made exclusively for China, the Hydrogen OS does not come with Google Play Services. Fortunately, we do have a workaround in place to get them back.
Download the below apps:
Install them as normal APKs. You should have all the Google Play Services now.
Remove Chinese Apps from Hydrogen OS:
There are some Chinese apps that come pre-installed on Hydrogen OS. Simply download the below .zip file and flash it on TWRP to remove them. Click below to start download:
If you have any difficulties in installing Hydrogen OS 3.0 on your OnePlus 3/3T, let us know in the comments below. We’ll take a look at it.