MIUI is arguably one of the best looking ROM’s out there. It may not be the best performing ROM but it sure is an eye candy. Sure, there are people out there who absolutely hate it, the vanilla Android lovers. But it’s always good to have a choice. In this tutorial, we will let you know how to download and install MIUI 8 on OnePlus 3.
- Recommended for you: How to Convert Android into iOS!
Your phone needs to be rooted. If you are not sure about the root availability on your device, download the below application from Google Play Store and run it:
- You might also like: Download iPhone Ringtones for Android
Make sure your OnePlus 3 has at least 60% of charge so that it won’t die on you in the process.
Your bootloader MUST be unlocked for this to work.
You MUST have a custom recovery (preferably TWRP) installed on your device.
Download MIUI 8 for OnePlus 3:
Click below to download MIUI 8 for OnePlus 3:
Install MIUI 8 on OnePlus 3:
Follow the below steps to install the MIUI 8 on your OnePlus 3:
Step 1: Place the above-downloaded file in your phone’s internal storage.
Step 2: Reboot your device into TWRP recovery using your device keys. Follow these steps to do the same:
- Power Down the OnePlus 3
- When Completely Off, Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Buttons at the Same Time
- Continue Holding These Two Buttons Past the OnePlus/Android Splash Screen
- When You Boot into Recovery Mode, Let Go of These Two Buttons.
Step 3: Make a complete nandroid backup of your phone.
Step 4: Wipe cache, System and data partitions.
Step 5: Click on ‘Install’ and select the MIUI V8 zip file you downloaded before and flash the same.
- Recommended for you: Dark Facebook App for Android
How to install Gapps for MIUI in OnePlus 3:
In case if you didn’t know already, MIUI does not come with Google Services. To get the same in your device, go to the below link and download the MIUI installer to get all the Google Services in your device.
Enjoy your new MIUI ROM on OnePlus 3!
If you encounter any issues, let us know in the comments below. We’d be happy to help!
Recommended for you:
- Download Xiaomi Mi MIX Stock Wallpapers
- 4 Must Have Google Apps You Never Knew Existed
- Enable Multi Window in ANY Android Device
- iPhone 7 Wallpapers Download
- How to Convert Android into iOS!