In this guide, you will learn how to change font in EMUI 5.X and EMUI 8.X devices. This guide will enable the font style option on Huawei and Honor devices running EMUI 5.X and EMUI 8.X.
One of the key features of Huawei’s Emotion UI (EMUI) is the ability to change the look and feel of your device by installing custom fonts. Users can package their work into a .hwt file which can be applied to the device by EMUI’s theme manager application. Users can customize the lock screen style, wallpapers, icons, background colors, and finally the font.
However, the latest iteration of EMUI, EMUI 5.0, came with a twist. While you can change the wallpapers, icons, lockscreen style and background color, the option to change font is missing. There have been mixed reports about this as some users said they have the option and some said they don’t. However, we have a fix which enables the option to change the font to any font you want by simply going to Settings > Display. Thanks to Mishaal Rahman of XDA for identifying this workaround!
You might also like: How to Enable Call Recording EMUI 5.0 Devices
Table of Contents
How to change Font Style in EMUI 5.X and EMUI 8.X:
Follow the below steps carefully to enable Font Style option on EMUI 5.X and EMUI 8.X devices:
- Step 1: Go to Settings > Display and Check for Font Style Option. This option is missing for a lot of users, if you are among them then follow the below instructions
- Step 2: Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable ‘USB Debugging’ option. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Step 3: Then go to the folder where ADB is installed on your PC. Open a command window on your PC. [if you are a windows users, right click on empty space inside the folder while holding down the Shift key]
- Step 4: In the Command Prompt, just enter the below command:
It should list your device, if not, install the proper fastboot driver for your device on your computer. Install HiSuite to get the driver.
- Step 5: Once your device is detected, enter the below command to restore font style option in EMUI 5.0.
adb shell settings put system hw_hide_font_style false
- Step 6: Now run the below Command to reboot your device.
That’ it! You now have the font style option enabled on your device, enjoy!
Download Fonts for EMUI 4.X and 5.X Devices:
If you are looking for awesome fonts for your device, check out our collection from the below link: