Users have been looking for a way to root and install custom recovery on the latest Huawei P10 and Huawei P10 Plus. Finally, a working solution is available, thanks to the XDA Developers OldDroid and yuri_z. Read ahead to know how to install TWRP and root Huawei P10 and Huawei P10 Plus.
You might also like: 50 Best Root Apps for Android
Important!Please note that your device’s bootloader must be unlocked before proceeding!
Table of Contents
- Make a complete backup of your device:
- Make sure you have the latest USB Drivers installed on your PC. Get the latest USB Drivers from the below link:
- Enable USB Debugging on your device:
Install TWRP on Huawei P10 and Huawei P10 Plus:
Follow the below steps to install TWRP on your device:
- Download TWRP Recovery for Huawei P10/P10 Plus: Download
- Enter into fastboot mode:
- Begin by holding down the Power key in order to switch off the device.
- After that press and hold Volume Down for a while.
- Then connect your smartphone to the PC by using Micro USB Cable.
- You can release the keys as soon as the desired mode appears on the screen.
- Open the command window on your PC inside the folder where ADB and fastboot are installed. Shift + Right Click on the empty space inside the folder to open the command window. If you don’t have ADB and Fastboot, go here to get it: Download and Install ADB and Fastboot for Windows.
- Flash the recovery by running the following command in command prompt:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.0-0-vtr.img
Root Huawei P10 and Huawei P10 Plus:
Important!You must first install TWRP recovery in order to achieve root on your Huawei P10 or Huawei P10 Plus. Also, note that this method has only been tested on firmware VTR-L29C10B120
Follow the below steps to root your device:
- Download the following zip file: SuperRoot_noverity_nocrypt.zip.
- Copy the above downloaded file to your phone memory.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery:
- Hold down the Power key in order to switch off the device.
- Press and hold Volume Up and Power key for a while.
- Release the keys as soon as the Huawei logo appears on the screen.
- Tap on ‘Install’. You will be asked to select a file to flash on your device. Select the file we downloaded above and ‘Swipe to install’.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your device.
- Download and install the ‘phh’s SuperUser’ app from Google Play Store by clicking below:
- Please note that the above step is a must in order for the root to properly work.
If you get the error ‘Error 1’ during installation in TWRP, flash the below boot image through fastboot using the below command:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
If your firmware is a different version, you need to download the boot image accordingly. In case you are looking for stock recovery, here it is: