Redmi 4 Prime has been around for while and after a long wait, official TWRP recovery is available for the device. In this tutorial, we will tell you how you can download and install TWRP recovery on Redmi 4 Prime.
You might also like: 50 Best Root Apps for Android
- Make a complete backup of your device: Guide to completely backup your device
- Make sure you have the latest USB Drivers installed on your PC. Get the latest USB Drivers from the below link: Download latest USB driver for your device
- Enable USB Debugging on your device: Guide to enable Developer Options and USB Debugging
Please note that your bootloader needs to be unlocked in order to install TWRP recovery. Follow the guide from the below video to unlock the bootloader of your Redmi 4 Prime:
Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi 4 Prime [Official]
Please click below to download the TWRP recovery for Redmi 4 Prime:
TWRP for Redmi 4 Prime | 25.4 MB
You also need to download an additional file which we will be using later in the process.
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 4 Prime
Follow the below steps carefully to install TWRP Recovery on your Redmi 4 Prime:
- Download, Install and Setup ADB and Fastboot Environment on your PC. If you have not already go to this link: Download, Install and Setup ADB and Fastboot Environment
- Copy the file ‘lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip’ which we downloaded to your phone’s internal memory.
- Copy the TWRP img file to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed.
- Open command window inside the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed. To do this: Press and hold Shift Key and Right Click on the empty space inside the folder and choose ‘Open command window here‘.
- Reboot your phone into fastboot mode.
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume down button and Power button together.
- Wait until a bunny appears (with the text ‘FASTBOOT’) on your screen.
- Release all the keys
- Connect your phone to your PC through USB cable.
- Run the below command on your PC in the command prompt we open a while ago:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.3-0-markw.img>
- Reboot into TWRP Recovery. Run the below command on the command prompt on your PC:
fastboot reboot recovery
- IMPORTANT: Once you are inside TWRP Recovery, flash the file ‘lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip‘ we downloaded earlier. This step is a must or else you would not be able to reboot your phone.
- That is all. Reboot and enjoy!
Root Redmi 4 Prime/Pro using SuperSU
- Download the SuperSU zip from this link: Download
- Copy the file to your phone’s internal memory.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode.
- Once your phone in the TWRP recovery mode. Tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file that you downloaded above.
- Now Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the flashing process.
- Now Reboot System.
- Download Galaxy C7 Pro Stock Wallpapers
- Convert your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge into a Galaxy S8 in 5 Minutes!
- Download LG G6 Ringtones here [Stock Ringtones]
- Download the Google Pixel Original Wallpapers Here
- Download and Install Sony Music Player App on Any Android Device [APK]