Redmi 4 Prime has been around for while and after a long wait, official TWRP recovery is available for the device. In this tutorial, we will tell you how you can download and install TWRP recovery on Redmi 4 Prime.
You might also like: 50 Best Root Apps for Android
Table of Contents
- Make a complete backup of your device:
- Make sure you have the latest USB Drivers installed on your PC. Get the latest USB Drivers from the below link:
- Enable USB Debugging on your device:
Please note that your bootloader needs to be unlocked in order to install TWRP recovery. Follow the guide from the below video to unlock the bootloader of your Redmi 4 Prime:
Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi 4 Prime [Official]
Please click below to download the TWRP recovery for Redmi 4 Prime:
You also need to download an additional file which we will be using later in the process.
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 4 Prime
Follow the below steps carefully to install TWRP Recovery on your Redmi 4 Prime:
- Download, Install and Setup ADB and Fastboot Environment on your PC. If you have not already go to this link: Download, Install and Setup ADB and Fastboot Environment
- Copy the file ‘lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip’ which we downloaded to your phone’s internal memory.
- Copy the TWRP img file to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed.
- Open command window inside the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed. To do this: Press and hold Shift Key and Right Click on the empty space inside the folder and choose ‘Open command window here‘.
- Reboot your phone into fastboot mode.
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume down button and Power button together.
- Wait until a bunny appears (with the text ‘FASTBOOT’) on your screen.
- Release all the keys
- Connect your phone to your PC through USB cable.
- Run the below command on your PC in the command prompt we open a while ago:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.3-0-markw.img>
- Reboot into TWRP Recovery. Run the below command on the command prompt on your PC:
fastboot reboot recovery
- IMPORTANT: Once you are inside TWRP Recovery, flash the file ‘lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip‘ we downloaded earlier. This step is a must or else you would not be able to reboot your phone.
- That is all. Reboot and enjoy!
Root Redmi 4 Prime/Pro using SuperSU
- Download the SuperSU zip from this link: Download
- Copy the file to your phone’s internal memory.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode.
- Once your phone in the TWRP recovery mode. Tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file that you downloaded above.
- Now Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the flashing process.
- Now Reboot System.
- Download Galaxy C7 Pro Stock Wallpapers
- Convert your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge into a Galaxy S8 in 5 Minutes!
- Download LG G6 Ringtones here [Stock Ringtones]
- Download the Google Pixel Original Wallpapers Here
- Download and Install Sony Music Player App on Any Android Device [APK]