In this tutorial, we will see how to root Samsung Galaxy J2 prime. So far, this method has been found to be working fine on models G532F, G532M and G532G.
In order to achieve root on Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime, you need to download the following file.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime Root Toolkit | 28.9 MB
Root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime G532F, G532M, and G532G:
Follow the below steps to root your Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime:
- Enable Developer Options on your device, if it is not done already. Go to About phone and tap on the build number until you see a text pop up similar to ‘You are now a developer’.
- Go back to settings main menu.
- Tap on Developer Options.
- Enable ‘USB Debugging‘.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- An ‘Allow USB debugging?’ prompt will show up on your phone. Tap on the ‘Always allow this computer‘ checkbox and then tap on ‘OK‘.
- Extract the zip file on your computer.
- Double click and open the ‘ROOT.exe‘ executable file.
- Your phone should be detected automatically.
- The phone will now reboot into ‘Download mode‘ and Odin will automatically open in PC.
- Click on AP tab. Browse and choose the file named ‘root-boot.tar‘.
- Press Start.
- Once the procedure is complete, the phone will restart automatically. Do not disconnect the phone.
- After the phone is restarted, rooting process will start automatically. [Password Screen”]If your phone is encrypted, you will be asked for a password after this step, when the phone reboots. To fix this, you must reboot into recovery and perform a factory reset. Skip this step if you are not asked for any passwords.
- Wait for the process to complete. The phone will restart again once the rooting process is over.
- Once the phone restarts, go to an app named ‘SuperSU‘.
- Tap on ‘Expert‘.
- You will be asked to update the SuperSU binary. Tap on ‘Continue’ and select ‘Normal‘ from the next pop-up.
- Once the process is complete, reboot your phone.
Below is a video tutorial on how to Root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime:
If you need any help with any of the steps mentioned in this tutorial, drop a comment below. I’d reply as soon as possible.