There are many screen recorder apps available on the Google Play Store but not all of them work very well. Just like Screenshot, Screen Recording option should also be made available in all devices. Some manufacturers have already started including a screen recording options of some sort on their devices but still, many OEMs have a lot to catch up on this game. MIUI has Screen Recorder app of its own but for some reason, Xiaomi has decided to keep it on Beta ROMs and it’s not available on the Global Version of the ROM. If you are looking for a stable, working way to record your screen on your MIUI devices, here’s the answer. Read along to download and Install the Official MIUI Screen Recorder app on Any MIUI Device. All thanks to the XDA Forum member Paclanc for porting this app to other devices.
Stock Apps CollectionView our complete collection of stock apps from various manufacturers like Samsung, Meizu, Google, Sony, Xiaomi and many other (ported to work on all devices) by visiting the below link:
Recommended for you: [12000+ Icons] Download MIUI 8 Extended Icon Pack for MIUI Devices
Needs RootPlease note that in order to make this app work properly, you are going to need root on your MIUI running Android device.
Table of Contents
MIUI Screen Recorder Screenshots:
Below are a few screenshots of the app in action:
Download MIUI Screen Recorder for All MIUI Devices
We need the below two files in order to make this work. Installation steps are in the next section. Download the below files:
Library Files | 44 KB
Loving the tutorial?Never miss an update, follow us on social media! 🙂
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on Google Plus:
Install MIUI Screen Recorder for All MIUI Devices
- Extract the contents of lib.rar file and copy them to your phone’s internal memory. There will be two folder’s when you extract: ‘lib‘ and ‘lib64‘. Inside both of these folders, there will a file named ‘libMiuiScreenRecord.so‘.
- Copy the two files named ‘libMiuiScreenRecord.so‘ to /system/lib and /system/lib64 respectively. They have the same name but are different files, so don’t get confused.
- Assign proper permissions ‘rw-r–r–‘ (644) to the copied files. Or you can simply use MiXplorer Beta to copy the files; this app seems to automatically apply proper file permissions.
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your phone memory.
- Open a file manager of your choice. Navigate to the folder where the downloaded APK file is located and tap on it to install the same.
Need help?If you need any help with any of the steps above, drop a comment below. We will look into it as soon as possible!