Not so long ago, there has been news about merging the Oxygen OS and Hydrogen OS in the idea of making the development of the OS faster. But, even now, we can see continuous healthy development being carried out for Hydrogen OS separately. The OnePlus 5 was released a few days ago and we already have a working TWRP and root for the device. Now, OnePlus has released the official Hydrogen OS 3.5 for OnePlus 5. Read ahead to know where to download and how to install the latest Hydrogen OS on your OnePlus 5.
Download Hydrogen OS 3.5 for OnePlus 5
OnePlus has released the official version of Hydrogen OS 3.5 for OnePlus 5 which can be downloaded directly from the below link:
Clicking the above link starts the download automatically. In case if you want the official download page, head on to this link. Please note that the link is in Chinese.
TWRP and Root for OnePlus 5
Before proceeding to install the latest Hydrogen OS on your OnePlus 5, please keep in mind that you need have working TWRP recovery and your devices need to be rooted. If you don’t have the above requirements, follow the step by step guide in the below link:
Loving the article?Never miss an update, follow us on social media!
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on Google Plus:
Install Hydrogen OS 3.5 on OnePlus 5
There are two ways to install the latest Hydrogen OS on OnePlus 5. One for those running stock Oxygen OS and the other for those who have rooted their phone with TWRP.
For those who are running Stock Oxygen OS:
- Copy the downloaded Hydrogen OS zip file to the root folder of internal storage of your device. Do not copy it to any other folder.
- Now, go to Settings > System update > Tap on Settings icon > Choose local upgrade.
- If the update package is in the root of internal storage, the package will be automatically detected. If not, you can tap on ‘SEARCH UPDATE PACKAGE’ to search for the update package.
- One the update package is displayed, tap on it and then hit the Install button.
Now the phone will automatically reboot and install the latest upgrade. Please note that the first boot may take a few more minutes than usual. If you are stuck in boot loop, you might need to factory reset. To do that, go to recovery mode and perform a factory reset. But do note that this will result in loss of data.
For those with Root and TWRP:
Follow the below steps to install latest hydrogen OS on your OnePlus 5:
- Copy the Hydrogen OS zip file that you have downloaded to the internal memory of your device.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP Recovery:
- Power Down your OnePlus 5.
- After the phone is completely switched off – Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Buttons at the Same Time.
- Continue Holding these two buttons past the OnePlus/Android Splash Screen that appears.
- When the phone boots into Recovery Mode, release the power and volume down buttons.
- Completely wipe System/Data/Cache/Dalvik. To do this, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe and then select the above-mentioned things and select ‘Swipe to wipe‘.
- Go back to the TWRP home screen, tap on ‘Install’ from the available options. You will be asked to choose a file to flash/install. Browse and select the downloaded file and then ‘Swipe to install.’
If you have any doubts with any of the steps mentioned above, please do leave a comment below!