Experience OS is one of the best custom ROMs available for OnePlus 5 right now. The ExperienceOS is based on the latest stock Oxygen OS and brings a lot of exciting features and customization options. Read ahead to know where to download and how to install ExperienceOS on your OnePlus 5. All credits go to the XDA Forum Senior Member jamal12367.
Table of Contents
Features of ExperienceOS
Below are a few features of ExperienceOS:
- Divine Beats
- Dolby Atmos Sound MOD
- SuperSU and Magisk
- Stock Kernel
- Latest BusyBox
- Build.prop tweaks
- Completely Debloated
- 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Improvement
- Latest Modem + Firmware
Download ExperienceOS Custom ROM for OnePlus 5
You can always get the latest build of ExperienceOS by visiting the below link:
How to install ExperienceOS on OnePlus 5
Please note that you need an unlocked bootloader with the latest TWRP and Root. If you don’t have them, follow the below link to get them:
Follow the below instructions to install ExperienceOS Custom ROM on your OnePlus 5:
- Copy the ROM zip file to the internal storage of your device.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP Recovery:
- Power Down your OnePlus 5.
- After the phone is completely switched off – Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Buttons at the Same Time.
- Continue Holding these two buttons past the OnePlus/Android Splash Screen that appears.
- When the phone boots into Recovery Mode, release the power and volume down buttons.
- Assuming you have successfully booted into TWRP recovery, there are two options for you:
- Clean Flash | Installing Freedom OS for the first time – Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select data, system, dalvik, cache and wipe.
- Dirty Flash | Upgrading from an older version of Freedom OS – Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select system, dalvik, cache and wipe.
- Now, tap on ‘Install’ from the available options. You will be asked to choose a file to flash/install. Browse and select the downloaded file and then ‘Swipe to install.’
- Reboot your device.
If you need any help with any of the steps above, do drop a comment below. Alternatively, you can visit the official thread of the ROM available at the XDA Forums.