Freedom OS is one of the best custom ROMs available for OnePlus 5 right now. I have used it on my OnePlus 3 before and absolutely loved it! FreedomOS allows you to debloat your ROM smartly. Everything is customizable, you can install the most minimalistic ROM, like a fully modded ROM. So basically, it installs the untouched stock ROM and removes all the functionality you have selected in the aroma. All credits go to the XDA Senior Member NevaX1 for this amazing custom ROM for OnePlus 5.
You might also like: Best Custom ROMs for OnePlus 5
Table of Contents
Features of Freedom OS
Below are a few features of Freedom OS:
- Ability to Install/Uninstall Google Apps
- Ability to Install/Uninstall System Apps
- Enforcing kernel (security first)
- Permissive kernel if wanted
- APT-X & APT-XHD support
- SafetyNet pass
- Magisk 13 with Magisk Manager
- SuperSU | systemless 2.82 STABLE
- Xposed Installer Material | Flash the Xposed zip after the AROMA installation
- Android Debugging Bridge
- Substratum Theme Engine Legacy
- Google DNS
- Patched Stock Kernel, disable force encryption and some tweaks.
- ARISE Sound System with Enforcing support
- Sony Music Player
- Google Assistant
- Wideband wifi support over 2.4GHz
Download Freedom OS Custom ROM for OnePlus 5
You can always get the latest build of Freedom OS by visiting the below link:
How to install Freedom OS on OnePlus 5
Please note that you need an unlocked bootloader with the latest TWRP and Root. If you don’t have them, follow the below link to get them:
Follow the below instructions to install Freedom OS Custom ROM on your OnePlus 5:
- Copy the ROM zip file to the internal storage of your device.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP Recovery:
- Power Down your OnePlus 5.
- After the phone is completely switched off – Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Buttons at the Same Time.
- Continue Holding these two buttons past the OnePlus/Android Splash Screen that appears.
- When the phone boots into Recovery Mode, release the power and volume down buttons.
- Assuming you have successfully booted into TWRP recovery, there are two options for you:
- Clean Flash | Installing Freedom OS for the first time – Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select data, system, dalvik, cache and wipe.
- Dirty Flash | Upgrading from an older version of Freedom OS – Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select system, dalvik, cache and wipe.
- Now, tap on ‘Install’ from the available options. You will be asked to choose a file to flash/install. Browse and select the downloaded file and then ‘Swipe to install.’
- Reboot your device.
If you need any help with any of the steps above, do drop a comment below. Alternatively, you can visit the official thread of the ROM available at the XDA Forums.