OnePlus has unveiled the OnePlus 5 a few days ago and has been selling like hot cakes. People are waiting in line in front of the OnePlus store to grab their units. As you guys might have already known, OnePlus makes the most developer friendly devices after Google (Nexus/Pixel) and OnePlus 5 is no exception. The development for the device has started in full swing and we are starting to see many ROMs, Kernels, and Mods for this beast. In this post, we are going to see one such mod for which greatly increases the sound quality of OnePlus 5.
Table of Contents
Dolby Atmos Sound Mod for OnePlus 5
The Dolby Atmos Sound Mod for OnePlus 5 is created by the user I$han over at our beloved XDA Forums. According to the developer, the mod greatly increases the sound output on the OnePlus 5. Basically, he has edited a few values in the ‘ds-default.xml‘ file which is available in the system/etc/dolby folder of the device.
Download Dolby Atmos Sound Mod
You can read more about the mod and download the same by visiting the source link or you can download it by clicking the below link:
Install Dolby Atmos Sound Mod on OnePlus 5
Always Backup!It is recommended to always make a backup before flashing a zip file. If you don’t like the Mod or in case if something goes wrong, you can always go back!
Follow the below instruction to install the mod on your OnePlus 5:
- Copy the file which you have downloaded above to the internal storage of your device.
- Power down your OnePlus 5.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery:
- Power Down your OnePlus One.
- After the phone is completely switched off – Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Buttons at the Same Time.
- Continue Holding these two buttons past the OnePlus/Android Splash Screen that appears.
- When the phone boots into Recovery Mode, release the power and volume down buttons.
- Once you are inside TWRP, tap on ‘Install’ from the available options. You will be asked to choose a file to flash/install. Browse and select the downloaded file and then ‘Swipe to install.’
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your device.
Enjoy the rich sound experience on your OnePlus 5. If you need any help with any of the steps above, let know in the comments section below!