HTC unveiled the HTC U11 a few days ago and the device has received an overall positive response from critics and users alike. Over a past few weeks, we had shared the stock wallpapers and ringtones from the device. We even shared the stock apps that were extracted from the HTC U11. Now, a working version of TWRP is available and root has been achieved for the HTC U11. Read ahead to know more.
Table of Contents
- Make a complete backup of your device:
- Make sure you have the latest USB Drivers installed on your PC. Get the latest USB Drivers from the below link:
- Enable USB Debugging on your device:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC:
- Your device’s bootloader needs to be unlocked.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U11
- Move the downloaded TWRP file to the folder (which is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot, unless you changed it during installation) where ADB and fastboot are installed. For the sake of convenience, rename the TWRP image file as ‘recovery.img‘.
- Connect your phone to your PC. Inside the folder, hold down the Shift Key + Right Click > Open Command Window here.
- In the ADB command window that appears, run the following command:
- If everything is working fine, you will see your device is listed. Now, to reboot your device into fastboot mode, execute the below command:
adb reboot download
- Once you are inside, fastboot mode on your device, run the below command on the command prompt:
- Again you will see your device being listed.
- To install TWRP recovery, run the following command in the command window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once the process is complete, simply unplug your phone from your PC and reboot it.
How to Root HTC U11
The root for HTC U11 is achieved with the help of Magisk Systemless Root. Follow the below instructions to root your HTC U11:
- Copy the magisk flashable zip file that you had downloaded above to the internal storage of your device.
- Reboot HTC U11 into recovery mode:
- Turn Off you HTC U11.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power keys for around 5-6 seconds.
- You will now boot into download mode.
- Navigate to the ‘BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE’ option using the Volume Up/Down keys, and press the Power Key to confirm your selection.
- When you see the exclamation mark (red triangle) press and hold the Power button and press Volume Up once.
- That’s it, you are now in recovery mode.
- Assuming you have successfully booted into TWRP recovery, tap on ‘Install’ from the available options. You will be asked to choose a file to flash/install. Browse and select the downloaded Magisk file and then ‘Swipe to install.’
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your device.
- Now, install the Magisk Manager APK that you had previously downloaded.
- Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your HTC U11. Enjoy!