A detailed step by step guide on how to unlock bootloader of Huawei Devices. It is important to note here that this is a universal method which is common for all the Huawei/Honor devices. It is fairly easy, simply follow our easy step-by-step guide to unlock the bootloader of your Huawei Device.
The first and foremost thing to do if you want to start customizing your Android device to your will is to unlock the bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader enabled the user to root their device, install a custom recovery such as TWRP and flash custom ROMs on their device. Hence, unlocking bootloader is the key here. Nowadays, manufacturers have made it easy to unlock the bootloader of your devices. All you have to do is to get an unlock code from the manufacturers’ website to unlock your devices. Then it is just a matter of a few ADB and fastboot commands. New to all of this? No worries, we have got you covered. Follow our simple and easy step by step guide to unlock the bootloader of any of your Huawei device.
- Make a complete backup of your device:
- Make sure you have the latest USB Drivers installed on your PC. Get the latest USB Drivers from the below link:
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your device:
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC:
How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Devices
- Make sure you have read the Prerequisites section carefully and everything is in place.
- First Open the Official Huawei Bootloader Unlock Request Page on your Computer then login to your account by clicking below.
- If you do not have an account, register for a new one.
- Agree to the terms and condition [read them, maybe?] and click ‘Next‘ button.
- You will need a few details for requesting an unlock code.
- On your Huawei Phone, go to Dialer/Phone. Enter *#*#1357946#*#* and note down the product ID.
- Next, go to Settings > About phone and save the IMEI/MEID, model number and, serial number.
- On the next page, you will be asked for information about your Huawei device. Provide the necessary information about your Huawei device and hit ‘Submit‘ button.
- If everything till the above step is going fine, you will get a unique 16-digit bootloader unlock code for your device. Note it down somewhere, we are gonna need this.
- Next, connect your Huawei device to the PC with a USB cable. If this is the first time connection your device after enabling USB Debugging, you will be prompted on your phone to authorize your computer for ADB access. Allow access.
- Now go to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed. Open a command window in there: Hold down ‘Shift’ Key + Right Click > Select ‘Open Command Window here‘ or ‘Open PowerShell Window here’.
- Boot your Huawei device into bootloader mode using the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
Alternate way to reboot Huawei Device to bootloader mode: if you can Power off the device completely, wait for 2-4 seconds and then press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys altogether for around 10 seconds. If you have a Huawei tablet, press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
- Once your device is in bootloader mode, execute the following command to unlock bootloader:
fastboot oem unlock your-unlock-code
Replace ‘your-unlock-code’ with your device-specific code that you noted down earlier.
- Once you execute the above command, you will get a warning message on your device. Select Yes and the bootloader unlocking process will begin.
- The process should complete in a matter of seconds. Once it completes, to make sure that your Huawei device’s bootloader is unlocked, execute the below command:
fastboot getvar unlocked
- Now, as a final step, reboot your device by executing the following command:
- Wait for your device to reboot.
Congratulations, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Huawei device. Now you are all set to root your device, install custom recovery and even flash custom ROMs!