Download OnePlus 5 Stock Recovery. The OnePlus 5 Stock Recovery is now available for download. But you might be thinking, why would we need the OnePlus 5 Stock Recovery when TWRP is available for OnePlus 5? While it is true that TWRP recovery is a very capable one and can do wonders, it cannot do one basic and most needed one – it is no good when it comes to going back to stock ROM. Hence, it is always a good idea to have the Stock Oxygen OS Recovery handy. Do not worry if you have not got it, we have got you covered.
You might also like: Best Custom Kernels for OnePlus 5 [Stock Kernel Included]
In this article, we will tell you where to download and how to install the OnePlus 5 Stock Oxygen OS Recovery. There are no big steps to follow and it only takes a minute or two to get it installed, read ahead to know more.
Download OnePlus 5 Stock Recovery
You can download the OnePlus 5 Stock recovery by visiting the below link:
Loving the OnePlus 5?Never miss an update, follow us on social media!
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on Google Plus:
How to Install/Flash Stock Recovery on OnePlus 5
Now there are two ways to flash the Stock Recovery on OnePlus 5:
Method 1 – Through ADB
- The first thing you need to do is to download and install/setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Now copy the above-downloaded OnePlus 5 Stock Recovery to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed. Most probably C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Rename the recovery file to ‘recovery.img‘.
- Reboot OnePlus 5 into fastboot mode.
- Switch off your phone. Wait a few seconds to make sure it is completely turned off.
- Press and hold Power Button + Volume Down button at the same time.
- Once your phone reboots into fastboot mode, connect it to your PC using USB cable.
- Open the folder where ADB and fastboot are installed. Now, hold down Shift Key and Right Click and select ‘Open command window here‘.
- Now run the below command in the command prompt:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Done! You now have stock recovery on your OnePlus 5.
Method 2 – Through TWRP Recovery
- Copy the downloaded OnePlus 5 Stock Recovery to the internal storage of your OnePlus 5.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP Recovery:
- Power Down your OnePlus 5.
- After the phone is completely switched off – Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Buttons at the Same Time.
- Continue Holding these two buttons past the OnePlus/Android Splash Screen that appears.
- When the phone boots into Recovery Mode, release the power and volume down buttons.
- Now, tap on ‘Install’ from the available options. You will be asked to choose a file to flash/install. Important: The default mode is to flash zip files. Toggle the mode to images.
- Now select the downloaded recovery image and choose the type of image as recovery.
- Then ‘Swipe to install‘ and the stock recovery image will be flashed on your phone.
Congratulations, now you have stock Oxygen OS Recovery on your OnePlus 5!