A detailed step by step guide on how to enable call recording on Huawei and Honor devices running EMUI 5.x software. Call recording is becoming a more and more important feature for the users. While very few manufacturers have chosen to include this feature in their smartphones, many are yet to do so. Almost every single custom ROM I have tried has this feature enabled and that shows how important it is to the users. This guide will help you enable call recording on EMUI 5.x devices.
You might also like: How to change Font Style in EMUI 5.X Devices[No Root]
Table of Contents
Call Recorder Mod for EMUI 5.x Devices
Thanks to the amazing developer diabolo24 over at XDA Forums, we can now enjoy call recording on all devices running EMUI 5.x devices. There are a lot of apps for call recording on Google Play Store but this is different. This mod enables call recording at the system level. Yes, that’s right, you get the call recording option right in the default phone dialer. Take a look at the screenshot below:
You can download the call recorder mod zip file by clicking below:
Guide to Enable Call Recording on EMUI 5.x Devices
Follow the below settings carefully to enable call recording on EMUI 5.x devices:
- Download the call recorder zip file from the above download link.
- Copy the zip file to the internal storage of your device.
- Reboot your EMUI 5.x device into TWRP recovery:
- Power down your device.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Power button at the same time.
- Release the keys once you are inside TWRP recovery.
- If prompted, DO NOT ‘Swipe to Allow Modifications’. Cancel it.
- In the TWRP main menu, tap on ‘Install‘. Navigate to and choose the downloaded call recorder zip file that you have copied to your device and flash it.
- Once the flashing process completes, do not wipe any cache, simply reboot your device.
- Done! Now you have call recording enabled on your EMUI 5 device.
How to automatically record all calls?
When this option is enabled, all the incoming/outgoing calls are recorded by default and saved in your device storage.