OnePlus phones ship with their own visually modified version of Android, the Oxygen OS. Personally, I absolutely love Oxygen OS. It does not have any bloatware that might potentially slow down the device. Also, it’s not completely stock either. Some apps like phone, clock, settings are a bit themed and also there are some nice options to customize the look and feel of your device. While the default dialer that comes with Oxygen does a very good job, it does not offer any additional/useful features. If you had used a Nexus/Pixel device before, you would know what I am talking about. In this post, we will tell you how to install the Google Dialer with all features on your OnePlus 5.
You might also like: [Mod] Enable Stereo Speaker on OnePlus 5
Do note that this method needs Magisk installed on your OnePlus 5 to work. If you do not have Magisk, do not worry, refer the below link to know how to get it. It’s pretty easy, to be honest!
Google Dialer for OnePlus 5
There have been many attempts in the recent past to successfully port the Google Dialer to OnePlus 5 with all its features but they were not successful. There was always at least one feature that did not work properly. But now, the XDA Senior Member dustintinsley has successfully ported the Google Dialer with all its features to OnePlus 5. If you are wondering what are the advantages of Google Phone/Dialer over the stock Oxygen OS Dialer/Phone app, then the below pictures should give you an idea:
Download Google Dialer for OnePlus 5
Click on the below link to download the Google Dialer Magisk Module for OnePlus 5:
How to Install Google Dialer on OnePlus 5
To install the Google Dialer Magisk Module on your OnePlus 5, follow the below steps:
- Copy the .zip that you have downloaded above to your phone.
- Go to Magisk Manager.
- Go to Modules section.
- Tap on the ‘+’ symbol at the bottom center.
- You will be asked to choose .zip file. Select the downloaded zip file.
- Once the installation completes, you will be asked to reboot the system. Do the same.
Set Google Dialer as Default
Once you install the above mod, you need to follow the below steps to make sure everything works fine.
- Go to Settings > Apps > (OnePlus) Phone app. Tap on “DISABLE” to disable the same.
- Now go to Settings > Apps > Tap on the settings icon at the top right corner. Tap on ‘Phone app’ and set it it Google Phone App (which should be the only option after disabling the OnePlus Phone app).
If you have any doubts or need help with any of the things above, do drop a comment below!