When you own a Samsung device which has Android Nougat version there are many options to customize your device thanks to the Android Nougat. Here’s a quick guide to customize/change the status bar and navigation bar on your Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
You might also like: Download 1060 Fonts for Samsung Galaxy Devices
We will be using substratum theme engine for this process, along with the Substratum Integration of Samsung. These apps are absolutely free to download from on play store and all credits to the developer for giving this productive app for free. We can simply install the status bar icons with this app, it creates a .apk to install the apps and installs the .apk file automatically. Just follow the steps given below and change the status bar icons on your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus.
What the Theme Offers
1. Status Bar Icons – (com.android.systemui.statusbars)
- Stock AOSP Colours (S8)
- Stock AOSP Colours
- White AOSP
- White (S8) AOSP
2. Status Bar Clock Font – (com.android.systemui) – Roboto
- Medium (AOSP)
- Condensed (Stock)
- Roboto Light
- Roboto Regular
3. Screenshot Notification Icon – (com.samsung.android.app.scrollcapture)
- Quick Settings Icons – (com.android.systemui.tiles)
- AOSP Icons
- AOSP Icons (No custom padding)
4. NFC Quick Settings Tile Icon – (com.android.nfc)
5. Navigation Bar Icons – (com.android.systemui.navbars)
- Google Pixel Navbar Icons
- AOSP Navbar Icons
- Google Pixel Navbar Icons Alt
- Parapaper Navbar Icons
6. Black Navigation Bar Colour Option in Settings – (com.android.settings)
Here are a few screenshots of what is possible with the theme:
Recommneded for you: Convert Trial Version Samsung Themes to Full Version
We are going to make use of three free apps which you can download from Google Play Store by clicking below:
- Substratum Integration for Samsung (Addon Key)
- StatusBar Icons (+extras) for Samsung
- substratum theme engine ★ rooted/oms-tw-rootless
Steps to Change Status bar Icons in Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
Step 1. Download and install the apps given in the download section.
Step 2. Now open the Substratum app. (Also grant all the permissions)
Step 3. You will see StatusBar Icons (+extras) for Samsung which you installed from the download section. Click on the Statusbar Icons.
Step 4. Once you click on that click on Select to toggle all overlays or select the overlays which you want to change.
Step 5. Click on the floating button with roller brush like icon and select the Build and Enable option. It will create a .apk file and install it automatically once it’s done Reboot your Samsung device and the icons will be changed.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the Status bar icons of your Samsung device.
If you need any help with any of the steps above, please do drop a comment below and we will help you out!