Amidst much fan fare, Google unveiled the latest version of its OS, Android Oreo last week. There are dozens of under the hood improvements and new features which make the latest version of Android even more sweeter! As we have already said before, there is not much visual overhaul in this version of Android. But, there sure are many subtle visual changes which look very good and are actually useful! Recently, we brought you the Google Dialer APK which can be installed on any Android device. In this article, we will tell you how to enable the new Floating Bubble Support on the Google Dialer on any Android device.
Table of Contents
Floating Bubble for Google Dialer
Below are a few screenshots of the floating bubble feature of the new Google Dialer:
Get the Android Oreo Google Dialer
In order to proceed with the tutorial, you first need to have the latest version of Google Dialer installed on your phone. If you do not have installed already, do not worry, we have got you covered. You can download the latest version of Google Dialer which is extracted from the official Android Oreo System images by clicking below:
Note: You do not need root to install this APK. You can simply install this as normal APK!
Steps to enable Floating Bubble on Google Dialer
Assuming that you have downloaded and installed the latest version of Google dialer on your phone, please follow the below steps to enable the much sought after floating bubble support:
- Go to Settings > Apps. From the list, select the newly installed Google Phone app. This will be mentioned simply as ‘Phone’.
- Tap on ‘App permissions’. Make sure all the permissions are granted.
- After enabling all the permissions, go one step back to the App info screen.
- Scroll down and you will see two options. ‘Draw over other apps‘ and ‘Modify system settings‘.
- Tap on both of them and enable them both.