A simple fix to increase the in-call earpiece speaker volume on OnePlus 3 and 3T. I myself own and use a OnePlus 3 and I absolutely love it. It is also the only phone which I have continuously used for more than a year and haven’t felt the need to change/upgrade to a better phone. The OnePlus 3 and 3T simply keep getting better and better with every update! While the phone duo is absolutely awesome, I happened to come across a tricky situation where, all of a sudden, my in-call volume dropped. The voice at the other end was very feeble and it was very hard to understand. If you have come across a similar situation, here is a fix to that will increase the in-call earpiece speaker volume on your OnePlus 3/3T.
You might also like: Download and Install OnePlus 3/3T Control Center
Table of Contents
In-Call Volume Fix for OnePlus 3/3T
The In-Call Volume Fix is a simple .zip file which you can flash through the recovery of your OnePlus 3/3T. What this does is that it replaces the mixer_paths_tasha.xml file in root/system/etc folder with a modified version of the same file. Some values of the speaker’s attributes are changed in the modified version of the files which results in better sound quality during calls.
Love the ringtones?Never miss an update, follow us on social media!
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on Google Plus:
Download In-Call Volume Fix for OnePlus 3/3T
You can download the in-call volume fix for OnePlus 3/3T by clicking below:
There are two files, you can use either one of them depending on the way you want to install this mod.
- InCall-Volume-Fix-OnePlus-3-3T.zip – TWRP flashable .zip file.
- mixer_paths_tasha.xml – Manually place the file.
Install In-Call Volume Fix for OnePlus 3/3T
Always backup!Before proceeding, please make a complete backup of your data!
There are two ways to install this mod on your OnePlus 3/3T:
1. Through TWRP Recovery
If you have downloaded the .zip file from above, follow the below steps:
- Reboot your device into TWRP recovery:
- Power Down your OnePlus 3/3T.
- After the phone is completely switched off – Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Buttons at the Same Time.
- Continue Holding these two buttons past the OnePlus/Android Splash Screen that appears.
- When the phone boots into Recovery Mode, release the power and volume down buttons.
- Once you are inside TWRP, tap on ‘Install’ from the available options. You will be asked to choose a file to flash/install. Browse and select the downloaded .zip file and then ‘Swipe to install.’
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your device.
2. Manually replace the file
If you have downloaded the .zml file from above, follow the below steps:
- Move the download file to your phone memory.
- Open a file explorer of your choice. Copy the downloaded xml file.
- Navigate to root > system > etc folder. Paste the file.
- Set the proper permission to the copied file. Permission: rw-r–r– Refer screenshot below:
- Reboot your device.
If you need any help with any of the steps above, simply drop a comment below and we’ll help you out!