A detailed step by step guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root LG Aristo Metro PCS/T-Mobile. LG unveiled a new smartphone in January, and it is exclusive only to T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It is the LG Aristo and it doesn’t boast any high-end specs, but it runs on Android 7.0 and it is extremely cheap. The LG Aristo sports a 5-inch 720p touch screen and comes with Snapdragon 425 chipset and 1.5GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable storage, a 13 MP main camera, a 5 MP selfie shooter, 4G LTE with VoLTE support, Wi-Fi calling, and a 2,410 mAh battery. A fingerprint scanner is on the back, which is pretty great for this price range. Now, let us see how to root LG Aristo Metro PCS/T-Mobile and install TWRP on the same.
You might also like: 50 Best Root Apps for Android
- Make sure your device has enough charge before proceeding; may be 50 or 60%.
- Make a complete backup of your device: Guide to completely backup your device
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging: Guide to enable Developer Options and USB Debugging
- Unlock bootloader of your LG Device: Guide to unlock LG Device Bootloader
- Make sure you have the latest LG USB Drivers installed on your PC. Get the latest LG USB Drivers from the below link: Download latest USB driver for your device
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC: Download and setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC
You need to download the below files to root your LG Aristo Metro PCS/T-Mobile:
- TWRP for LG Aristo: Download TWRP
- no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip: Download no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip
- SuperSu V2.82: Download no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip
Steps to Install TWRP on LG Aristo Metro PCS/T-Mobile
Step 1. Rename the downloaded TWRP image file to recovery.img. Copy it to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed.
Step 3. Now type or paste this commands to turn on your phone into fastboot. Or manually by switching off your phone and then Volume Down + Power.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 4. Execute the below command in the command prompt to flash the TWRP Recovery:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Step 5. After the above process is complete, switch off your phone. Reboot your device now.
We still need to root your device, head on to the Rooting guide!
Steps to Root LG Aristo Metro PCS/T-Mobile
Make sure you have copied the SuperSu zip file and no-verity zip file to the internal memory of your Phone.
- Turn on your phone into TWRP recovery mode by Switching off > Volume Down + Power.
- Tap on Install option and select the “no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip” and then “SuperSU 2.82.zip“.
- Go back and Reboot.
Important: If you do not flash the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip, your phone will not boot.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your LG Aristo Metro PCS/T-Mobile.