Sony Xperia XZ Premium is Sony’s 2017 flagship phone with all top specifications. The phone comes with a 5.5-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 2160×3840 pixels. Sony Xperia XZ Premium is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage which is expandable to 256GB with micro sd card. It runs Android 7.1.1 and is powered by a 3230mAh non-removable battery. Overall it’s an excellent phone giving the best performance.
You might also like: 50 Best Root Apps for Android
Table of Contents
- Make a complete backup of your device:
- Make sure you have the latest USB Drivers installed on your PC. Get the latest USB Drivers from the below link:
- Enable USB Debugging on your device:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC:
- Set up ABD and Fastboot on your PC – Download and Guide here
- TWRP 3.1.1 Recovery .img – Download
- Supersu 2.79 .zip – Download
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Step 1. Extract ABD and Fastboot Tool zip. Extracted folder name will be adb-fastboot-tool-2016
Step 2. Move the TWRP Recovery .img to adb-fastboot-tool-2016 Tool Folder.
Step 3. Now connect your device to PC.
Step 4. Then open Command Prompt Window in adb-fastboot-tool-2016 Folder By Holding Shift + Right click > Open Command Window here.
Step 5. To Boot your device in Fastboot mode
Type this Command > adb reboot bootloader
Step 6. Now to install TWRP Recovery
Type this Command > fastboot flash recovery TWRP-3.1.1-0-maple-20170720-3.img [Recovery img name]
Step 7. Reboot your device
Type this Command > fastboot reboot
How to Root Sony Xperia XZ Premium
- Copy the downloaded SuperSu_2.79.Zip to external memory.
- Now you need to Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Power off your device
- Hold Volume up + Power button for 3-4 sec
- Once you are in Fastboot mode, navigate to select Recovery option. It will boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.Then follow these steps is in Recovery mode.
- Click Install > Browse and select SuperSu_2.79.Zip > Swipe to install > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Reboot
- Congratulations! Your Sony Xperia XZ Premium has been rooted successfully.
Love the Guide?Never miss an update, follow us on social media!