A detailed step by step guide on how to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Huawei Honor 9. Getting an overview on Huawei Honor 9 has a 5.15-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels. It has an elegant design which gives this phone a premium looks. Taking a look at specification the Huawei Honor 9 is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core Kirin 960 processor. It has 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. The Huawei Honor 9 runs on the Android 7.0 (Nougat version). This phone has an amazing 20-MP primary camera and 8-MP front camera.
You might also like: 50 Best Root Apps for Android
Table of Contents
- Make a complete backup of your device:
- Make sure you have the latest USB Drivers installed on your PC. Get the latest USB Drivers from the below link:
- Enable USB Debugging on your device:
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC:
- Your device must be have at least 60% juice left.
If you need help with any of the steps below, do drop a comment and we will help you out!
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei Honor 9
Note: Unlocking Bootloader may void your device’s warranty.
- Go to this Huawei page login with your Huawei id. If you don’t have one create a Huawei ID.
- Now fill the requested details and click on Submit button. There will a field asking you for your device’s IMEI Number you can check it by dialing this code from the phone’s dialer * # * # 1357946 # * # *.
- After clicking submit button you will receive an unlock code save this code.
- Now connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Go to ABD and Fastboot folder and Open Command prompt window here by
Hold Shift key + Right click and select Open Command prompt window here
abd reboot bootloader and hit enter
7. Now to Unlock Bootloader type the following command. Unlock key is the unlock code you got from the Huawei website. for eg. fastboot oem unlock 75885124555479
fastboot oem unlock unlock key
8. Once the process is done type the following command to reboot your device and done.
Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked Bootloader of your Huawei Honor 9.
Steps to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 9
1. Rename the downloaded TWRP image file to ‘recovery.img’.
2. Move the above recovery file to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed.
3. Connect your device to PC via USB cable.Open Command prompt window in ABD and Fastboot folder by
4. Open Command prompt window in ABD and Fastboot folder by holding Shift key + Right click and select Open Command prompt window here
5. Now type the following command to boot your device into Bootloader Mode
abd fastboot bootloader
6. When your device gets into Bootloader Mode, to install TWRP Recovery type the below command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7. Let the process get completed reboot your device and done.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Huawei Honor 9.
Steps to Root Huawei Honor 9
- Copy the downloaded supersu.zip file to your storage.
- Now boot your device into Recovery mode by holding Power off + Volume up button simultaneously for 2-3 sec.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode: Click Install > Navigate and Select Supersu.zip file > Swipe right to confirm install > Click on Reboot.
Congratulations! You have Rooted your Huawei Honor 9 successfully.
If you need any help with any of the steps above, please do drop a comment below and we will help you out!