A detailed step by step guide on how to download and install Xposed Framework on Huawei and Honor Devices running EMUI 5.0 and EMUI 5.1 [Android 7.0 Nougat]. Not so long ago, we reported the availability of Xposed Framework for Android 7.0 Nougat. We even have a collection of Xposed Modules that are reported to work on the Xposed for Nougat. While Xposed for Nougat is still in its early stages, we already have good news for the Huawei and Honor device owner. Yes, the Xposed Framework is finally available for Huawei and Honor devices running EMUI 5.0 and EMUI 5.1. In this guide, we will tell you how to download and install Xposed Framework on EMUI 5.0 and EMUI 5.1 devices.
Xposed Framework for EMUI 5.0 and EMUI 5.1
Please be noted that this is an experimental version of Xposed Framework by [email protected] This is not the official version. But the KangVIP team is known for their great support for Huawei and Honor devices in the past, that’s something. Nevertheless, there are some hiccups expected, here and there, as this version of Xposed for EMUI is still under constant development.
All Huawei and Honor ARM 64 devices are supported at the moment. The devices must be running EMUI 5.0 or EMUI 5.1 on top of Android 7.0 Nougat. Below are a few devices know to be compatible so far:
- Huawei P9
- Huawei P10
- Honor 6X
- Honor 8
- Honor 9
- Huawei Mate 9
The above list is just a sample!
- Your device needs to be rooted.
- TWRP Recovery is a must!
- Free System Space.
- EMUI 5.0 or 5.1
- Android 7.0
You need to download the below files before proceeding:1. Download Modified Xposed Installer 2. Xposed Flashable Zip for EMUI 5.X Version 1 3. Xposed Flashable Zip for EMUI 5.X Version 2 4. Download Xposed Uninstaller Zip
Install Xposed Framwork on EMUI 5.0 or EMUI 5.1
Follow the below guide carefully:
Please make a complete Nandroid Backup before proceeding.
- Move all the above downloaded files to your phone.
- Install the Xposed Installer APK file. Do not open it.
- Reboot your phone into TWRP recovery.
- Switch off your device.
- Hold down Volume Up + Power Button.
- Once you are into TWRP Recovery, tap on ‘Install’ and select the downloaded Xposed Installer Zip file. First, try the version 1 file ‘K5_Xposed_SDK24_arm64.zip’. [If the version 1 of the zip doesn’t work, try the version 2 file: ‘xposed-v87_sdk24_arm64_v0.2.zip’
- Once the installation is complete, wipe cache.
- Reboot. Note: Some phone will take 5 to 10 minutes to reboot after installing Xposed, please be patient.
After rebooting, open the Xposed Installer App and check the status. It should look something like this:
Below are some of the modules that are reported to work:
- Youtube Adaway
- Youtube Background Playback
If you have tried this mod, do let us know in the comment below on which modules work!
If you need any help with any of the steps above, do drop a comment below and will help you out!