A detailed step by step guide on how to install the latest Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro SM-A910F. Samsung launched the Galaxy A9 Pro way back in March 2016 with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware out of the box. The device has received many incremental updates and security patches over the months but the owners of the phone had to wait for a major software upgrade until Samsung started rolling out the Nougat update for it. If you own this device but has not received the official OTA update notification, you can manually download and install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy A9 Pro SM-A910F .
There have been multiple reports in India about the availability of new Android 7.0 Nougat software update for the device. We checked and guess what, the firmware file is available for download! If you don’t want to wait for the official OTA, you can flash this firmware on your Galaxy A9 Pro via Odin and enjoy the Android 7.0 goodness right away!
Android 7.0 is definitely a major upgrade. Android 8.0 is already here and Samsung is releasing the Android 7.0 for us! But hey, better late than never! Here’s a snapshot of what the update brings to your device:
- Revamped UI and Quick Settings and notification panel.
- Faster performance.
- Improved battery life with the all new power saving modes.
- A higher degree of homescreen customization.
- New Doze mode for better management of running in the background.
- Much more!
Table of Contents
Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy A7
Here’s a little preview of what you are about to get:
Download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for Galaxy A9 Pro SM-A910F 
- Device: Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro (2016)
- Model: SM-A910F
- Software version: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Security Patch Level: 2017-08-28
- PDA: A910FXXU1BQHB
- CSC: A910FODD1BQH9
- Country: India
Only Indian firmware is available at the time of writing this article.
You can look for the latest Firmware file for your country by simply clicking below:
- Odin v3.12.5:
- Samsung USB Drivers:
- Developer Options and USB Debugging:
- Backup: This process will completely wipe your device. Follow the below guide to make a complete backup:
Install Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on Galaxy A9 Pro SM-A910F (2016)
Follow the below instructions carefully to install the update:
- Extract the downloaded Odin Zip file on your PC.
- Unzip the firmware zip file you which you have downloaded from the downloads section above. You will get a file with .tar.md5 extension inside the extracted folder.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro into the Download mode.
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time for 2-3 seconds till you see a warning screen.
- Once you see the warning screen, release the keys and press the Volume Up key.
- Done, you are now in download mode.
- In your PC, double-click on the odin.exe file and open it.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable [official cable recommended].
- When your device is detected by Odin, the ID:COM port will be highlighted as in the below picture.
- Next, click the AP button and add the firmware file to it. As the firmware files are typically large in size, it might take a while to add it. If Odin seems unresponsive, don’t worry. Wait for a while.
- After adding all files, make sure Odin’s screen looks like the one in the image below:
- After making sure everything is in place, click the ‘Start‘ button to start the installation.
- Wait for few minutes. When the firmware is installed, you will get ‘PASS!‘ message in Odin [refer below image] and your phone will reboot automatically.
- You can now disconnect the phone from your PC.
Please note that the first boot will always take some time. Wait patiently before jumping to conclusions! 😉