A detailed step by step guide on how to customize Always on Display on Samsung Galaxy Note 8. No root required for this mod. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is easily one of the best smartphone money can buy right now. The Samsung Galaxy Note8 packs everything that a typical flagship smartphone should pack in 2017. Plus, as with every Samsung smartphone ever, it also packs quite a few tricks up its sleeves. The most interesting thing about the Galaxy Note 8, it probably is it’s camera. This time around, Samsung decided to bite the bullet and follow the trend – Dual Cameras!
The second best thing about the phone, for me, is probably the Display. Samsung has consistently delivered some of the best Display panels so far, year after year. Adding to that, Samsung has a great solution to save batteries by making use of the beautiful AMOLED panels. Today, we will tell you how to customize Always on Display [AOD] on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Recommended | Download and Install Substratum for Samsung Devices
Table of Contents
Custom Always on Display for Galaxy Note8
Thanks to the very talented developer Mr.Ash.Man, over at XDA Forums, we now have a way to customize the always on display as per our need! You can add any wallpaper or image as per your taste to the always on display and have it as your Always on Display. Below are a few screenshots of what the mod is capable of:
Download the necessary files by clicking below:
- APK Editor:
- Customized AOD APK:
Steps to Customize Always on Display
Follow the below steps to customize Always on Display on your Galaxy Note8:
- Download any Wallpaper or Picture that you want as your AOD background.
- Edit your image:
- Your image will need to be in precise dimensions for it to fit perfectly
- You should resize your image to 430×794 pixels resolution.
- Open APK Editor.
- Select ‘Select an APK file’ > Select the Custom AOD APK which you have downloaded from the downloads section above.
- Select ‘Simple Edit [file replacement]’.
- Swipe to the IMAGE tab.
- You will now see 8 files labeled aod_wallpaper_01 and aod_wallpaper_01_preview, there will be 01 / 03 / 04 and 06 variants.
- The pencil and pad icon on the right of the files will let you select an image of your choice to replace the existing one.
- Tap on it and replace the images with your own.
- Save the APK and Install it.
- Reboot your device for the changes to take effect.
Steps to Apply the Customized Always on Display Overlay
Follow the below steps carefully:
- Make sure you have installed the modified Always on Display and rebooted.
- Pull down your notification bar fully, swipe left and hold down the ‘Always On Display’ icon.
- Tap ‘Digital Clock’ > ‘Background’ > Select your background > Tap on ‘Apply’.
- Reboot your Note 8.