When Huawei Launched Honor 9 smartphone, it came with a unique feature called ‘App Twin’. App Twin allows you to have two installations of the same app thereby allowing you to maintain two different accounts in two different apps. This App Twin feature has been available on Android for a while now. There are plenty of apps on Google Play Store which would enable a user to enjoy this feature. While some of them are pretty good, it is not guaranteed that they work all the time. In recent times, some of the manufacturers also started to implement this App Cloning or App Twin feature in their version of Android. Xiaomi is one such manufacturer to implement this.
Table of Contents
Huawei App Twin Feature
Much like what the third party App Cloning apps in Google Play Store, Huawei App Twin Feature also lets one have two instances of the same app on the same device. For example, if yours is a dual sim device you would think of having two different accounts in WhatsApp, one for each sim card/mobile number. In a normal situation, this won’t be possible but with App Cloning or Huawei App Twin Feature, it is possible. Although, it is important to note that not all applications can be cloned. Only a certain list if apps can be cloned in the Huawei App Twin Feature.
Recommended | Download Honor 9i Stock Themes for All EMUI Devices
App Twin Feature for All Huawei/Honor EMUI 5.0 Devices
Thanks to the XDA shashank1320, we now can enjoy the App Twin Feature on any Huawei/Honor device running EMUI 5.0. This method requires root access as we would be editing system property files in the /system partition. You would need a root file explorer to edit files in this path: /system/emui/lite/prop. There are plenty of free root file explorer, but for the sake of this tutorial, we would be making use of MiXplorer. Below is a screenshot of what you are about to get:
Steps to enable App Twin Feature onAll EMUI 5.0 Devices
Follow the below steps carefully.
- Make sure you have root file explorer installed on your phone. We are using the free root file explorer MiXplorer which you can download by clicking below:
Developer: Hootan ParsaMega.co.nzMail.ruYandex.ruMyDrive.chPrice: Free
- Open the Root File Explorer and grant root permissions if/when prompted.
- Go to the below folder location:
- In this folder, find the file named ‘local.prop‘. Make a copy of this file somewhere on your device, just for a backup.
- Change the following lines in the file:
fw.max_users=1 to 2 fw.show_multiuserui=0 to 1 ro.config.hw_support_clone_app=false to true
- Once the above changes are made, save the file and make sure the file has proper permissions [rw-r–r– or 644].
- Reboot your device.
- Done, congratulations! You have successfully enabled ‘App Twin’ feature on your EMUI 5 Device!