A detailed step by step guide on how to enable native call recording on OnePlus 6/OnePlus 5T/OnePlus 5/OnePlus 3T/OnePlus 3. Noot root required. OnePlus is one of the fastest growing manufacturers at the moment. The demand for their devices is ever expanding and they have proven more than once that they can make a powerful device at a reasonable cost. One of the major reasons why OnePlus became such a hit [apart from its price] is its customizability. OnePlus devices are very development friendly and we always see a ROM or MOD popping up for the device from the community. Today, we are bringing you one such mod. This mod looks to enable native call recording on you OnePlus 6/OnePlus 5T/OnePlus 5/OnePlus 3T/OnePlus 3. Read ahead to know more.
Table of Contents
Call Recording for OnePlus Devices
You might know that Oxygen OS (and other custom ROMs based on it) has the call recording functionality built-in. Meaning that there no special app required to record calls. But, it is not enabled by default for everyone as it is region-locked and it might/might not be illegal to record calls where you are, with/without notifying the other party that the call is being recorded. This Mod we are talking about here looks to enable call recording for everyone. There are multiple methods to do this and all of them are listed below. Thankfully, there is also a method to enable call recording on OnePlus 6/OnePlus 5T/OnePlus 5/3T/3 without root! All credits go to the awesome XDA Forum member shadowstep for compiling all the methods listed below.
You are doing this at your own risk. I and ThemeFoxx.com are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, World War III, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you are unsure of how to go about something. It might be illegal in your country to record calls with/without notifying the other party that the call is being recorded. Either ways, you are responsible for using this mod.
Recommended | Download OnePlus 5 Camera APK for OnePlus 3/3T
How to Enable Call Recording on OnePlus 6/5T/5/3T/3
As already said before, there are multiple methods to achieve this and we will see them one by, below:
Method 1: ADB Via Computer [No Root]
Before proceeding, you must know that if you achieve call recording with this method, it will not survive the reboot. Which means you will have to follow the below steps every time you reboot your device, in order to get call recording. Also, note that this is the only no root method to achieve this; other methods need root.
- Make sure you have ADB setup and working on your computer:
- Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus:
- Go to the folder where ADB is install on your PC.
- Open command window from inside the folder: Hold down Shift Key + Right Click > Select ‘Open Command Window Here’.
- Connect your OnePlus device to your PC via USB cable.
- Run the following command to make sure ADB is working properly:
If your device is properly connected, you will see some output [with some sort of device name and serial number] on your command window.
- Execute the below command to enable call recording:
adb shell settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1
Root OnePlus 5 | [Guide] OnePlus 5 – Root, Install TWRP, and Unlock Bootloader
Method 2: Through a simple app [Root]
- Download and install the below app:
- Install the app as normal APK.
- Open the app and grant root permissions.
Method 3: Magisk Module [Root]
- Download the OnePlus Call Recorder Magisk Module by clicking below:
- Copy the magisk module zip to your device.
- Open Magisk Manager and import the module.
- Reboot if needed.
Method 4: Build.prop edit [Root]
- Open a root file explorer of your choice.
- Go to /system folder. Tap on ‘build.prop’ file to open it. Or you can use the below app:
- Look for the phrase ‘persist.sys.oem.region’. Change the value from ‘Overseas’ to ‘CN’ and save the file.
- Make sure the file has proper permissions, i.e. 0644 (rw-r–r–).
If you need any help with any of the methods/steps above, please do drop a comment below!