If you have watched the Google Event, you would have noticed Google making an interesting announcement regarding a rather interesting service of Google – The Google Lens. Google Lens is yet another interesting advancement in Google’s vision to create an entirely AI driven mobile device.
Google Lens for All Android Devices
Google Lens App is built right into the Google Photos. What Google Lens does is that it reads the photos and recognizes the objects in them and then delivers useful information regarding them. It could really come in handy when you want to find the name or brand of a particular item you could just point your phone at it and get the necessary info. Below is a list of objects/tasks that Google Lens would be able to identify/perform:
- Media covers
- Music albums
- Points of Interest
- Video games
- Add contacts from a business card
- Language translation
- Look up product information
- Open web addresses in your browser
- Plant and animal identification
- Save dates to your calendar from a poster
When Google made the announcement on the Google Event, it disappointed many.It was announced that the Google Lens would be exclusive to Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2 XL. After, Google needs to sell the latest phone, don’t they? If you are one of the folks who would love to try Google Lens on your Android device, we have got you covered. Read ahead to know how you can enable Google Lens on your Android device right now! All thanks to the very talented XDA Forum member ZeevoX, who was able to find a way to get this on all devices!
Recommended | Download Pixel 2 Live Wallpapers for All Android Devices
Steps to Enable Google Lens on Any Android Device
Method 1: Via TWRP Recovery
Please be advised that this mod will require root and custom recovery to work as of now. Follow the below steps to enable Google Lens on your Android device:
- Download the Google Lens Installer zip file from below link: Download Zip
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Install. > Select the Google Lens Installer Zip file which you have downloaded above. > Swipe right to confirm flash.
- Reboot your device.
After reboot, you can start using Google Lens from the Google Photos App.
Method 2: Via Magisk Module
- Download the Magisk module to enable Google Lens on your device (Credits to the developer: Flint2): Magisk Module Download Link
- Copy the module to your phone.
- Open the Magisk Manager app.
- Swipe out from the left-edge of the screen to open the menu > Select “Modules”.
- Tap on the ‘+‘ icon on the bottom of the screen.
- Now select the GoogleLensInstaller_Flint2.zip Magisk Module file.
- Tap ‘Open’. The module installation process will complete in a few seconds.
- Once the installation completes, tap on “REBOOT”.
Do note that this mod will only enable Google Lens inside the Google Photos app and not in the Google Assistant. We are positive that developer will find a way for that as well very soon!