The Samsung Galaxy Note8 is definitely one of the most powerful and good looking phones out there. The Galaxy Note 8 represents the best of Samsung at the moment. There are a few things that make the Note 8 better than the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. For example, the phone comes with an S-Pen (Samsung’s fancy name for a stylus) which the S8 duo lacks. If you use your phones for a lot of productivity related stuff, then getting your hands on Note8 is a no-brainer. I mean, Samsung spent a whole lot of time in explaining the features of the new S-Pen during the Galaxy Note8 unveiling and the reviews show that the Note8’s S-Pen is really the best out there.
Recommended | How to Create Quick Commands for Samsung Bixby
Table of Contents
The Galaxy Note8’s Camera
There is one more thing that makes the Note8 better than the S8 duo – the camera. The Galaxy Note 8 comes with a dual camera setup which is capable of taking some great portrait mode photos. Also, it is important to note that both the rear camera’s have OIS for better video capabilities. With what we have seen from the reviews so far, it is pretty clear that the Note8 packs some of the best camera hardware in the industry at the moment. But, would you like to make it even better? Well, who wouldn’t! Today, we are bringing you the Zero Camera MOD for Galaxy Note 8 which greatly improves the already great Note 8 Camera.
Zero Camera Mod for Galaxy Note 8
Recommended | 50 Best Root Apps for Android
The Zero Camera Mod of Galaxy Note 8 is made by the XDA Forum Senior Member zeroprobe. There are two ways to get this mod working on your Galaxy Note8. One is via a mobile app which is available in the Google Play Store and the other is via a flashable zip. Before we get to that part, below are few features of the mod:
- QHD @ 60fps (2560×1440) – Exynos Only
- HDR for 4K / QHD
- AutoFocus Tracking all modes
- No Recording Time Limits
- Increased Bitrates
- Increased JPG quality for single and burst shots.
- Installs latest Samsung Camera revision
- Video Effects for modes 4K
- Remove No Flash limit at 15% battery
- Remove 4GB video file size limit – App only
- Adjust Photo Edge Sharpness & DeNoise settings – App only (Exynos only currently)
- Custom Shutter Speed > 10 seconds – App only
- Choose your own custom Gallery – App only
- Custom bitrates for 1080p30, 720p, 1:1 – Due to library change – App only
The ‘App only’ label means that the feature will be available only if you get this mod by installing the app from Google Play Store and the ‘Exynos only’ label means that the feature will work only on Exynos Version of the phone. If you own a Snapdragon version of the phone, fret not, most features will work for you too!
Download Galaxy Note8 Zero Camera Mod
As we already stated above, there are two ways to get this mod working on your Galaxy Note8. One is via flashing a zip file in recovery and the other is via installing an app from Google Play Store. If you own a Snapdragon variant of the device, then installing from Google Play Store is the only way as TWRP is not yet available for the Snapdragon variant.
You can download the Zero Camera Mod flashable zip file by clicking below:
Or alternatively, you can install the developer app from Google Play Store which takes care of installing the files; download it below:
Installing Zero Camera Mod on Galaxy Note 8
If you have download the app variant, then no special instructions are needed. If you have downloaded the flashable zip, follow the below steps:
- Copy the downloaded flashable zip file to your phone’s memory.
- Reboot your Galaxy Note 8 into TWRP Recovery:
- Turn OFF your phone.
- Now press and hold the following buttons for a few seconds, all at the same time: Power + Volume Up + Bixby button.
- After a few seconds, you should see the blue screen with an Android bot and a message saying, “Installing system update” (don’t worry, nothing gets installed).
- Then after about 10 seconds, another blue screen will show up for a few seconds that will have the big ‘!’ logo and will say, “No command” as shown below.
- Next, you will be presented with the Recovery Mode menu on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Tap on ‘Install’ and select the downloaded zip file and ‘Swipe right to flash’.
- Reboot your device.
How to Uninstall the Zero Camera Mod
If you wish to uninstall the mods, flash this zip in recovery and reboot.