A detailed step by step guide on how to root M1 A1. Xiaomi launched the Mi A1 smartphone in September 2017. The phone sports a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. Xiaomi Mi A1 is priced at Rs. 14,999 in India. The Xiaomi Mi A1 is powered by 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone has 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. In the camera department, the Xiaomi Mi A1 packs a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The Xiaomi Mi A1 runs Android 7.1.2 and is powered by a non-removable battery. It measures 155.40 x 75.80 x 7.30 (height x width x thickness) and weigh 168.00 grams. Read ahead to know how to root Mi A1.
Recommended | 50 Best Root Apps for Android
- First and foremost thing is to make sure your Mi A1’s bootloader is unlocked. If it’s not, follow the below guide:
- Make sure your device has at least 60%.
- Make a complete backup of your data, this procedure will wipe your entire device. Follow the below guide:
- Remove any fingerprint protecttion; Remove Encryption.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock:
- Make sure USB drivers are installed properly:
Recommended | Get Android Oreo Adaptive Icons on Any Android Device
- Xiaomi-Mi-A1-CF-Auto-Root.zip: You need to download the CF-Auto-Root file to achieve root on your Mi A1. You can download the same by clicking below:
2. SuperSU App: You can download the SuperSU app from Google Play Store by clicking below. Simply install the app, but do not open. –
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi A1 with CF-Auto-Root
- Download and unzip “Xiaomi-Mi-A1-CF-Auto-Root.zip”.
- Turn off the phone and turn it into fastboot mode by pressing Volume Down + Power.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable
- Run “root.bat” and read the instructions and terms press enter key continue then press any key to start the process.
- The phone will auto reboot after complete the process.
- Make sure you have the SuperSU app installed.
If you need any help with any of the steps above, please drop a comment below!