A detailed step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader of M1 A1. Xiaomi launched the Mi A1 smartphone in September 2017. The phone sports a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. Xiaomi Mi A1 is priced at Rs. 14,999 in India. The Xiaomi Mi A1 is powered by 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone has 64GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. In the camera department, the Xiaomi Mi A1 packs a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The Xiaomi Mi A1 runs Android 7.1.2 and is powered by a non-removable battery. It measures 155.40 x 75.80 x 7.30 (height x width x thickness) and weigh 168.00 grams. Read ahead to know how to unlock the bootloader of Mi A1.
Recommended | 50 Best Root Apps for Android
Preparation and Downloads
- Make sure your device has at least 60%.
- Make a complete backup of your data, this procedure will wipe your entire device. Follow the below guide:
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock:
- Make sure USB drivers are installed properly:
- [MUST] ADB and Fastboot:
Steps to unlock Mi A1 Bootloader
Follow the steps below carefully:
- Assuming that you have already installed the ADB and Fastboot tool from the above section, go to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed.
- Hold down Shift > Right Click > Select ‘Open Command Window Here’ or ‘Open CMD Here’.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Execute the below command in the command window to reboot the phone into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone is in bootloader mode, execute the below command in the command window:
fastboot oem unlock
- The above command will unlock the bootloader of your Mi A1. After that, execute the below command to reboot your device:
- Done! Congratulations you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Mi A1.
If you need any help with any of the steps above, do drop a comment below!