Honor has finally released the EMUI 8.0 based on Android Oreo 8.0 for Honor 9 DUK-AL20. It is important to note here that the Honor V9 is just an international variant of the Honor 8 Pro from the manufacturer.
OnePlus, Sony, Motorola and even Samsung have released Android Oreo (albeit beta, in some cases) for some of their flagship devices. We did hear a lot of rumors about Huawei skipping the version 7 for EMUI and going straight for EMUI 8, to match the actual Android version. As the latest version is released and it turns the rumors were actually true. Huawei has finally released the Android Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 for Honor V9. Today, we will tell you how you can install/flash the latest version of EMUI 8.0 on your Honor V9 DUK-AL20.
- Make a complete backup of your device:
- Next, unlock bootloader of Honor V9.
- Your Honor V9 must have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- Your Honor V9 must be running stock EMUI firmware.
- Make sure your device is charged at least 60%.
Steps to Install Android Oreo on Honor V9
- Make sure you have downloaded and copied all the three files in the downloads section above to your Huawei device.
- Next, boot your device nto TWRP recovery:
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together till you see the Huawei logo.
- Once you see the logo, release the Volume Up key and hold on to the Power button only.
- Release all the keys once you are in TWRP recovery.
- Tap on the ‘Install‘ > Browse and select the ‘update.zip’ file. > Once the file has been selected, tap on ‘Add more Zips’ button. Then select the ‘update_full_DUK-AL20_all_cn.zip’ file > Do the same again and select the ‘update_data_full_public.zip’ file as well. Make sure you have selected the files in the mentioned order.
- Finally, Swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button to flash EMUI 8 based Android Oreo on Honor V9.
- Once the flashing process completes, tap the ‘Reboot System’ button.
Congratulations, you have successfully flashed Android Oreo on your Honor V9! Enjoy the newly installed EMUI 8.0 on your Honor 9 and do let us know your thoughts on this!
Need help? Simply drop a comment below!