A detailed step by step guide on how to install and setup Dolby Atmos Sound Mod and ViPER4Android Sound Mod on Huawei/Honor Devices running EMUI 5.x. Whenever a new smartphone is made and released, a lot of money is spent on its marketing. In those marketing materials, we often see how great the phone’s camera is, how sturdy the build is and how nice the display is, etc. But we seldom see these marketing materials boasting about audio capabilities of a smartphone. With the exception of LG V Series of the phones, I do not see any OEM boasting about its outstanding audio experience on its phones. You know what is the reason? Because almost none of the OEMs put any effort in delivering a great Audio experience. Period.
Table of Contents
Dolby Atmos and ViPER4Android for Huawei EMUI Devices
With that said, we always have to find a way to get the best audio out of our devices, even when we pay a whopping $700+ dollars for a smartphone. And that doesn’t come easy either. You have to find the right mod for the fight device and more often than not, the audio mod may not be available for your phone! Dolby Atmos Sound Mod and ViPER4Android Sound Mod have become household names when we talk about Audio Mods for Android devices. These two sound mods, thankfully, support a great many numbers of devices. Today, we will tell you how to install the latest version of Dolby Atmos Sound Mod and ViPER4Android Audio Mod on your Huawei and Honor Devices running EMUI 5.0 and EMUI 5.1.
The Mod has been tested and found working fine on the below devices:
- EMUI 5.0 Devices.
- EMUI 5.1 Devices.
- Tested successfully on Honor 8, Honor 9, Honor 6x, Honor 9i, Honor 5x, Honor 8 Pro, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei P9.
Recommended | Download the Pixel 2 EMUI Theme for EMUI 5 Devices
- Your device must be rooted.
- Your device must have TWRP Recovery.
- Your device must be running EMUI 5.0 or EMUI 5.1 based on Android Nougat 7.0+.
You are going to need the below files, download and keep them:
Steps to Install Dolby Atmos and ViPER4Android On EMUI 5.0
Follow the below guide carefully:
- Your device must have a proper BusyBox installed. If not, download the below app and install the same:
- Your device’s SELinux Mode needs to be set to ‘Permissive‘. To configure the same, download the ‘The SELinux Switch’ App from below link:
- You are going to need a root file manager, we recommend using the below app [its free]:
Developer: Hootan ParsaMega.co.nzMail.ruYandex.ruMyDrive.chPrice: Free
- Go to the folder ‘/vendor/etc‘ > Look for a file name ‘audio_config.conf‘ or ‘audio_effects.conf‘. Rename it to ‘audio_effects.conf.bak‘.
- Copy the two files which you have downloaded from the downloads section above to your phone.
- Turn off your device. Boot it into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Install > Select the ‘Sony_Beats_Atmos-EMUI-5.X.zip‘ > Flash it. Again tap on Install > Select the ‘ViPER4Android_126.96.36.199_EMUI-5.X.zip‘ > Flash it. [Or] If you are only looking to install ViPER > Only flash the ‘ViPER4Android_188.8.131.52_EMUI-5.X.zip‘.
- Wipe ‘Cache’ and Reboot.
- Once the device boots up, Open the ViPER4Android App > Give all the necessary permissions.
Setup and Use ViPER4Android on EMUI 5 Devices
- Download the below Zip file and have it ready:
- Unzip the above downloaded file > Copy Viper4Android Folder To the Internal Storage location [/sdcard].
- Open Viper4Android > Turn on Master Power.
- Exit the app. Again, Open the Viper4Android app > Click on the 3-dot Menu > Go to Load effect profile > then click saved file.