A detailed step by step guide on where to download and how to install the Android Oreo Beta Update for OnePlus 5. OnePlus is one of those manufacturers who has been consistently delivering when it comes to software updates, at least with their latest flagships. OnePlus released the Android Oreo Beta software update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T a few weeks ago. The update is stable enough to be a daily driver and is definitely recommended. What is strange though is that their latest flagship, the OnePlus 5 did not receive the update! This has sure made some loyal OnePlus fans angry; leaving them in the cold while a year old phone got the update. But worry not, the Android Oreo Closed Beta for OnePlus 5 has leaked online and someone has already even flashed it. Today, we will tell you where to download and how to install the Android Oreo update on your OnePlus 5. Take a look at the picture below:
Table of Contents
Download Android Oreo Beta for OnePlus 5
Recommended | How to Enable Call Recording on OnePlus 5/3T/3
Please note that this is the Official Android Oreo Closed Beta software! You can download the OnePlus 5 Android Oreo Closed Beta which has been leaked online by clicking below:
Steps to Install Android Oreo on OnePlus 5
Please note that this is Closed Beta Software [Official]. Proceed with cation!
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot properly setup on your PC. If not, this link should help: Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot
- Make sure your OnePlus 5’s bootloader is unlocked and USB Debugging is enabled on your phone.
- Copy the OnePlus 5 Android Oreo beta update file which you have downloaded to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed.
- Reboot your phone into Recovery mode: Switch off your phone > Press and hold ‘Volume Down’ + ‘Power Button’.
- Once you are in recovery mode: Tap on English > Install from ADB > Ok.
- Now you will see a text ‘You are in ADB sideload mode’.
- Next, connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Open command window from inside the folder where ADB is installed: Hold down ‘Shift’ key > Right Click > Select ‘Open command window here’.
- Run the following command in the command window:
adb sideload <filename>
- Wait for the flashing process to complete. Once the process is complete, reboot your device.
Need help? Drop a comment below!