A detailed step by step guide on how to theme your OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T without root using Substratum Theme Engine and Andromeda Addon. OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T are among some of the most popular devices among the consumers. The OnePlus One was a huge hit but the manufacturers failed to carry forward the same success with the OnePlus 2. The second generation OnePlus device was met with huge backlash for the lack of NFC and other features. But, OnePlus came back with a bang – with the OnePlus 3. The OnePlus 3 featured an all-metal build, AMOLED Display and a decent camera packed with the stellar software, The Oxygen OS.
Recommended | Download Google Pixel 2 Font for All Devices
Table of Contents
Themes for OnePlus 3/3T [No Root]
OnePlus has been consistently delivering when it comes to software updates. And recently, OnePlus released Oxygen OS Beta based on Android Oreo for OnePlus 3/3T. If you are still not on the latest Oxygen OS Beta based on Android Oreo, you can download and install OxygenOS Open Beta 26/17 with the help of this guide. And with the availability Android Oreo for OnePlus 3/3T, we now have the option to Theme our OnePlus 3/3T without root with the help of Substratum and Andromeda Addon. In this article, we will tell you how you can theme your OnePlus 3/3T running Android Oreo without root access!
There are three things we need to theme OnePlus 3/3T running Android Oreo. They are:
- Substratum Theme Engine:
- Andromeda Addon:
- Ozone Substratum Theme:
Recommended | How to Install ViPER4Android on Android Oreo 8.0
How to Theme OnePlus 3/3T Without Root
Follow the below steps carefully:
- Make sure you have installed the Substratum Theme Engine and Andromeda Addon from Google Play Store.
- When you open the Andromeda Addon App on your phone, you should see the below status: Do not worry, this is expected.
- Next, enable Developer Options on your device:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Scroll down and tap on System > About phone. > Scroll down and tap on ‘Build number’ 7 times until you see a toast message that says “You are now a developer!“
- Go back to the ‘System‘ settings and you’ll now see a new “Developer options” menu.
- Get into the Developer Options.
- Find and tap on the ‘USB debugging‘ to enable the same.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable. If this is the first time you are connecting your device to your PC, you will be asked to allow USB Debugging permission as shown in the picture below: Tap on ‘Always allow from this computer‘ and tap on ‘OK‘.
- Download the Andromeda Desktop client:
- Extract the downloaded zip file and you will get the Andromeda Desktop client. Double click on the ‘start_andromeda.bat‘ file. If you are prompted to grant administrator previlages, grant them.
- Once you are in the console, you will see a screen saying ‘Press any key to continue…‘. Press any key. The desktop client will take care of the rest and you will see the below screen:
- Once the above procedure is complete, if you open the Andromeda Addon app on your phone, you should see the below screen:
- Now make sure you have Ozone Substartum Theme for OnePlus 3/3T.
- Open the main Substratum Theme Engine and start customizing your device the way you want!