A detailed step by step guide on how to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 5T. OnePlus just took the wraps off its latest flagship device, the OnePlus 5T a couple of hours ago. There were several rumors and leaks and speculations about the device over the past few days and after the official unveiling, we can safely confirm that all of them were true. The newest flagship from OnePlus comes with an 18:9 display, just like many other flagship devices which came out this year. If you have just got the device and have been contemplating on installing a custom ROM on your device, then unlocking the bootloader of your OnePlus 5T would be the way to go. Without further ado, we shall proceed to the steps to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5T.
- Unlocking the bootloader will completely wipe the data on your device. Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding:
- Make sure you have the latest USB Drivers installed on your PC. Get the latest USB Drivers from the below link:
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC:
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5T
- Make sure you have read the ‘Prerequisites’ section carefully.
- First, go to Settings > About Phone > Scroll down till you see ‘Build number‘. Keep tapping on the ‘Build number’ until you see the words ‘You are now a developer‘.
- Go back to the main screen of Settings. Now you will see a new option ‘Developer options‘ just above the ‘System updates’.
- Go to Developer options > Make sure ‘OEM unlocking‘ and ‘USB Debugging‘ are enabled. If not, enable the same.
- Boot your phone into Fastboot Mode.
- Power Down your OnePlus 5T.
- After the phone is completely switched off – Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Button at the Same Time.
- Continue Holding these two buttons past the OnePlus/Android Splash Screen that appears.
- When the phone boots into Recovery Mode, release the power and volume down buttons.
- Choose the Language ‘English‘.
- In the next screen, select ‘Advanced‘ and then select ‘Reboot to fastboot‘ and in the next screen also choose the same.
- Your phone should now be in Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable.
- Go to the folder where you have the adb and fastboot files.
- Now, hold down the Shift Key + Right Click > Open Command Window here or in some cases ‘PowerShell’ window. Either is fine!
- Type in and execute the below command:
- Once you type in the above, the list of devices will be displayed.
- Now, execute the below command in command prompt:
fastboot oem unlock
- Now you will see an Unlock Bootloader Warning page. Use Volume button to select Yes and hit the Power Button to confirm the selection. You should see a screen similiar to the below:
- Done! The process will take a few seconds and then your device will automatically reboot, wait patiently.
Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of OnePlus 5T.