A detailed step by step guide on how to unlock bootloader on Razer Phone. Razer has released their first smartphone, the Razer Phone, in November 2017. The phone comes with a 5.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels. The main feature of this phone is the display which has a refresh rate 120Hz as opposed to all the other phones which come with a display which has a refresh rate of 60Hz. The phone seems to be targeted towards the gamers, naturally. Today, we will tell you how you can unlock bootloader on the Razer Phone.
Benefits of Unlocking Bootloader of Razer Phone
If you are looking to customize your Android phone the way you want to, then rooting is the way to go. And a custom recovery always comes handy when you want to try out different mods on your device. But before all that, the first thing to do is to unlock bootloader of your Razer Phone which would in-turn enable you to root Razer Phone and install TWRP Recovery.
Note: Unlocking the bootloader of your device will completely wipe the data on your device, so please make a complete backup of your device before proceeding.Guide to completely backup your device
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Razer Phone
Follow the below steps carefully to unlock the bootloader of your Razer Phone:
- Make sure to install ABD and Fastboot Drivers and Google USB Drivers. Both the drivers must be installed to proceed with this tutorial.
- Go to Settings > About phone > Tap on the Build number a couple of times till you see the text ‘You are now a developer’.
- Now, go back to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Go to the folder where ADB and Fastboot Drivers are installed.
- Open a command prompt from inside the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed. Hold down Shift Key and right click > Select ‘Open command window here’ or ‘Open Powershell Window here’.
- Execute the below command to reboot Razer Phone into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- You will now be at the download mode screen with Razer logo on it.
- Now, execute the below command to check if your Razer Phone is properly via fastboot mode:
fastboot -i 0x1532 devices
If your device is properly connected, you would see your device being listed here.
- Execute the below command to unlock the bootloader of Razer Phone:
fastboot -i 0x1532 flashing unlock
- After executing the above command, you would see a prompt on your phone to confirm the unlocking of the bootloader. Use the Volume Button to navigate to Yes and use the Power Button to select that option.
- After making the above selection, your device will reboot. It might take a few minutes during the first boot; wait patiently.
Congratulations, you have successfully unlocked bootloader of your Razer Phone!
Need help? Drop a comment below!