Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Huawei P10 is finally available; it’s time to rejoice. In this article, we will tell you how to install Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei P10. The Huawei P10 B311 Oreo Update is rolling out in the form of OTA update. The latest Android Oreo Update for Huawei P10 is based on EMUI 8.0 running on top of Android 8.0 Oreo. The EMUI 8.0 for Huawei P10 lets you get the most out of your device. Today, we will tell you how you can manually update your Huawei P10 to Android Oreo based on EMUI 8.0.
The EMUI 8.0 for Huawei P10 comes with a lot of new Android Oreo features such as picture-in-picture mode, auto-full API and several other major and minor improvements. Apart from the above, there will also be several bug fixes and performance improvements. Read ahead to know how to download and install Android Oreo Update on Huawei P10.
Table of Contents
Huawei P10 Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update is available for both VTR-L29 and VTR-L09 variants. EMUI 8.0 update for Huawei P10 comes with a build number VTR-L29 184.108.40.2061 [C900].
Here’s the detailed firmware information:
- Device: Huawei P10
- Model: VTR-L29/VTR-L09
- Android Version: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Firmware: B311
- Build Number: VTR-L29 220.127.116.111 (C900)
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Changes: Changelog
- This Firmware file is only for Huawei P10 VTR-L29/VTR-L09 variants. Do not try to install this on any other device/model.
- We [the author or ThemeFoxx.com] shall not be held accountable for bricked devices or nuclear wars.
- It is recommended that you make a complete backup of your device before proceeding: Follow this guide to backup your device.
- Make sure your device has at least 60% of charge.
Download Huawei P10 Android Oreo Firmware [EMUI 8.0]
1. Download 18.104.22.1681 Oreo Update for Huawei P10 VTR-L29 22.214.171.1241 [C900log][Europe]
2. Download 126.96.36.1991 Oreo Update for Huawei P10 VTR-L09 188.8.131.521 [C900log]
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Huawei P10 [184.108.40.2061]
Method 1: Update Huawei P10 to EMUI 8.0 Android Oreo Using Firmware Finder App
- Download and Install the Firmware Finder app from Google Play Store by clicking below:
- Open the app >and click on three bars in the top left corner and then tap on ‘Settings’.
- Activate the ‘Use proxy for install’ option and install the addon when you are asked to.
- After the above step, go back to the main screen of the app and search for the latest firmware available [VTR-L09/VTR-L29 220.127.116.111 (C900log)].
- Tap on your desired firmware and then choose ‘get an update through proxy’.
- Go to your phone’s Settings > Wifi > Long press your Wifi network > Modify > Show advanced options > Proxy settings > Manual > Set the name as ‘localhost’ and port as 8080 > Save it.
- Again Go to Settings > Updater > Check for new update.
- A new update will appear which you had chosen earlier in Firmware Finder app.
- Once the download has started and reached 5%, check for any errors. If everything is working fine without any issues you can pause the download.
- Now, again, go to Settings > Wifi and remove the proxy changes you made previously and save it.
- Go to the Updater and resume the update download.
- When the download is finished the phone will verify the package and install it automatically.
Method 2: Update Huawei P10 to Oreo Using HWOTA Tool
Prerequisites for this method:
- Please note that this method requires an unlocked bootloader. If you want to unlock your Huawei P10 Bootloader follow this guide: Unlock Huawei P10 Bootloader.
- Download HWOTA_VTR.zip file.
- Make sure you have downloaded the files from the downloads section above and rename them as follows:
- Rename ‘update_data_full_public.zip‘ to ‘update_data_public.zip‘.
- Rename ‘update_full_VTR-29_hw_eu.zip‘ to ‘update_all_hw.zip‘.
Follow the below steps carefully:
- Extract the ‘HWOTA_VTR.zip’ to your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded and renamed the files as in the instructions above. Now copy the files as following: Copy the three files to C:\..\HWOTA\update folder
- Run the update.bat file as an administrator [Right click > Run as administator]. You will be asked for the downloaded files. Press any key to continue.
- Reboot your device into bootloader by pressing Volume down + Power Key.
- The above step will install TWRP recovery on your device.
- After TWRP installation is complete, reboot your device into TWRP by Volume Up + Power Key.
- Once you are in TWRP, plug-in the USB cable and connect your device to your PC and press the enter key.
- In this step: As we have extracted the files in our PC, choose ‘2‘ and press enter.
- You will again be asked to enter the update type > Type ‘1’ and press enter.
- Now the installation will be being; wait patiently for the procedure to complete.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Android Oreo Update on your Huawei P10.
Need help? Drop a comment below!