Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo On OnePlus One via AOSP 8.1 Custom ROM. The AOSP 8.1 Android Oreo for OnePlus One brings all the Oreo goodness to OnePlus One.
When OnePlus came out with the OnePlus One, it was so well received that even OnePlus did not expect such a huge success. The demand for the OnePlus One grew multi-fold as the time went by. It was also the first phone which was branded as the “Flagship Killer” and it truly was. For that price range and the specs it was offering, it was totally worth every single penny you’d spend on it. OnePlus devices shipped with Cyanogen ROM on board. The device was receiving constant updates till one-day Cyanogen decided to mess things up. It has been a long time since the device received any official updates.
Fortunately, OnePlus One still have a great community support and the developers are constantly at work to bring the latest and greatest to the OnePlus One. Now, OnePlus One can be updated to Android Oreo via AOSP 8.1 ROM. Read ahead to know how to install Android Oreo on OnePlus One.
Table of Contents
AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo ROM for OnePlus One
As the name suggests, the AOSP 8.1 custom ROM is based on the pure stock Android and you can expect some top-notch performance from the ROM. The ROM is very clean and super fast.
Below are a few screenshots of the AOSP Android Oreo for OnePlus One:
Download Android 8.1 Oreo for OnePlus 5 via AOSP ROM
You can download the Android 8.1 Oreo based AOSP ROM for OnePlus One by clicking below:
A few things before proceeding with the guide:
- Your device’s bootloader must be unlocked [duh!]
- You must have root and a working TWRP Recovery [Thank you, Captain Obvious].
- Here comes the mandatory battery warning: Make sure your device has at least 50% of charge so that it won’t die in the middle of installation.
- Make a complete backup of your device: Guide to backup OnePlus One
- The author or ThemeFoxx.com shall not be held responsible for bricked phones or nuclear wars.
Install AOSP ROM based on Android Oreo on OnePlus One
Follow the below instructions carefully to Update OnePlus One to Android Oreo:
- Copy the downloaded AOSP ROM Zip file to your device.
- Download GApps package from here: GApps for OnePlus One Oreo and copy the same to your phone as well.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP Recovery for OnePlus One.
- Reboot your OnePlus One into TWRP Recovery:
- Switch off your device.
- Hold down Volume Down + Power Button.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik /ART Cache, System, Data, Cache. Refer to the below screenshot for help:
- After the wiping is done, go back to TWRP home screen. Tap on Install > Select the downloaded AOSP Oreo ROM Zip File > Swipe Right to Flash.
- After ROM Zip is flashed, again tap on Install > Select the downloaded GApps Zip File > Swipe Right to Flash.
- Reboot your device.
This is the easiest way to get Android Oreo Update for OnePlus one via the AOSP ROM. Congratulations, you have successfully updated your OnePlus One to Android Oreo.