Experience the goodness of Android Oreo on OnePlus 5T via OmniROM. If you have been looking to get a taste of Android Oreo on OnePlus 5T, here it is. The latest OmniROM brings the Android Oreo for OnePlus 5T. Thanks to OmniROM, now you can download and install Android Oreo on OnePlus 5T.
OnePlus 5T is one of the hottest devices right now in the Android smartphone space. It offers the best bang for your bucks. If you have been looking for a smartphone with almost everything that you could expect from a flagship but for a far lesser price, OnePlus 5T is the only clear choice here. Even the OnePlus 5 was a great smartphone and OnePlus made is even better by including an all-new 18:9 display and improved rear camera. Also, lately, OnePlus has been on-point with the software updates and the official Android Oreo for OnePlus 5T is just around the corner. But, if you want to get a taste of Android Oreo on your OnePlus 5T, we have got you covered.
Table of Contents
OmniROM based on Android Oreo for OnePlus 5T
If you are into rooting and flashing custom ROMs on your Android device, then the name ‘OmniROM’ should not be alien to you. Apart from CyanogenMod/LineageOS and Paranoid Android, OmniROM has also gained some loyal fans over the past few years. The latest version of OmniROM based on Android Oreo for OnePlus 5T is already made available to the public by the very talented XDA Forum member darkobas.
The latest OmniROM build for OnePlus 5T brings all the Android Oreo goodness to the flagship. Some of the key features include picture-in-picture mode, Notification dots, auto-fill API and notification shortcuts. There are dozens of other under the hood improvements and several other UI changes as well. Here are a few screenshots:
It is important to keep in mind that the ROM is not completely perfect. Below are a few bugs as reported by the developer:
- Speaker Phone volume cannot be changed.
- Compass has issues.
- HFR [High Frame Rate aka Slow Motion] and HSR [High-Speed Recording] are bugged.
Apart from the above, everything else is just buttery smooth if the reports are to be believed.
- Installing a custom ROM is tricky business. Follow this guide to backup OnePlus 5T.
- You need to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 5T if you have not done that already.
- Got TWRP for OnePlus 5T? If not, follow this guide to install TWRP on OnePlus 5T.
- Make sure you have enough battery on your OnePlus 5T to complete the whole process. 50% of charge would be more than enough.
Download Android Oreo based OmniROM for OnePlus 5T
We are going to need a couple of files to successfully install Android Oreo on OnePlus 5T. Get them below:
Note: There are two versions of Android Oreo based OmniROM for OnePlus 5T. One is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and the other is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Download any one that you like from the below:
How to Install Android Oreo based OmniROM on OnePlus 5T
- Make sure you have downloaded both the ROM zip file and the GApps Package Zip file. Note: Make sure you have downloaded the right zip package for the Android version you chose.
- Copy both the zip files to your device.
- Make sure your device is not connected to your PC after copying the files.
- Reboot your OnePlus 5T into TWRP Recovery:
- Switch off your OnePlus 5T.
- Hold down Volume down button + Power button until you see the OnePlus logo.
- Once you are in TWRP, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik /ART Cache, System, Data, Cache. Refer to the below screenshot for help:
- Once the above process completes, go to TWRP home screen.
- Tap on Install > Choose the ROM Zip file which you have downloaded above and flash the same.
- Once the ROM Zip flashes, again tap on Install > Choose the GApps Zip file and flash it.
- Once the flashing process completes, reboot to enjoy Android Oreo on OnePlus 5T.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed Android Oreo on OnePlus 5T via OmniROM!
Need help with installation? Drop a comment below!