In this article, you will learn how to change fonts on EMUI 8.0+ devices. Learn how to enable font style option in EMUI 8.0 to change fonts on your Huawei or Honor device.
Huawei’s EMUI is one of the most customizable Android skins out there. Not a lot of manufacturers give the freedom to their users to freely customize the look and feel of their device. Though things have been changing in recent time, EMUI is still years ahead of other manufacturers like HTC, OnePlus, Sony, etc. Almost every nook and corner of the EMUI can be themed. The latest version of the EMUI, EMUI 8.0 has been available for quite a while now and it is the greatest EMUI yet.
Today, we will guide you on how to enable font style option and change font on EMUI 8.x devices.
Changing Fonts in EMUI 8.0 and Above
In recent past, EMUI always had an option to change the fonts. But, for reasons unknown, Huawei has decided to disable/hide this setting [font style setting] starting with EMUI 5.0. The recently released EMUI 8.0 is no different. There is no option to change the font in EMUI 8.0 out of the box. Below is what the option looks like:
Fortunately, the ‘Font style’ option is still present inside the EMUI 8.0 but it needs to be enabled before you can change fonts in EMUI 8.0. Once you enable the ‘Font Style’ option, then you would be able to download and apply 3rd party fonts on EMUI 8.0+ devices.
How to Change Font in EMUI 8.0
Follow the below guide to enable the font style option inside the setting in EMUI 8.0+ which will enable you to change fonts:
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC. If not, follow this guide and get it installed: Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- On your Phone: Go to Settings > Display and Check for Font Style Option. This option is missing for a lot of users, if you are among them then follow the below instructions.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable ‘USB Debugging’ option. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Then go to the folder where ADB is installed on your PC. Open a command window on your PC. [if you are a windows users, Hold down ‘Shift Key’ + Right Click > Select ‘Open command window here’]
- In the Command Prompt, just enter the below command:
The above command should list your device, if not, install the proper fastboot driver for your device on your computer. Install HiSuite to get the driver or you can download Huawei Drivers from here, alternatively.
- Once your device is detected, enter the below command to restore font style option in EMUI 8.0:
adb shell settings put system hw_hide_font_style false
- Now run the below Command to reboot your device:
That’s it! You now have enabled the font style option on EMUI 8.0. Now you can easily change fonts in EMUI 8.0 device, enjoy!
- Download Honor V10 Stock Themes for All EMUI Devices
- Download Honor 7X Stock Themes for All EMUI Devices
- Download Huawei Mate 10 Stock Themes for All EMUI Devices
- Download Huawei Honor 9 Stock Themes for EMUI 3.X, EMUI 4.X, EMUI 5.X Devices
- Download the Pixel 2 EMUI Theme for EMUI Devices