In this tutorial, you will learn how to root Honor 7X. Installing TWRP Recovery on Honor 7X enables you to root your device. We will tell you how you can install TWRP Recovery on Honor 7X and root it by flashing SuperSU.
Honor 7X is one of the hottest devices on the market right now. The midrange space in the smartphone space is becoming extremely competitive with all the manufacturers releasing devices with great specs. One of the main attractions of the Honor 7X is it’s 18:9 display and the other one is the Dual Camera setup at the back. The device sure is a looker and kudos to Huawei for making a device with great build quality at a very competitive price. Read ahead to know how to install TWRP and root Honor 7X. All credits go to letschky for coming up with this method!
Why Root Honor 7X?
- You can try out a number of mods available for Android such as ViPER4Android.
- You can block ads by installing an AdBlocker.
- You can install a custom ROM that fits your needs.
- Substratum Themes Support
- Root access lets you completely take control of your device.
- In order to be able to root your device or install TWRP Recovery, your Honor 7X Bootloader must be unlocked. If you have not done that already, go here: How to Unlock Bootloader of Honor 7X [Official] [All Models].
- Make a complete backup of your device: Guide to Backup Your Android Device Without Root.
- Make sure you have the latest USB Drivers installed on your PC: Download USB Drivers for All Android Devices.
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC: Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure your device has at least 60% of charge before proceeding with the tutorial.
Please keep in mind that this method can only be used to root Honor 7X BND–L21 model only. If you own a different model, do not proceed with this guide.
How to Install TWRP on Honor 7X
- Download the Honor 7X TWRP from here: Download TWRP
- Open the folder where you ADB and Fastboot Installed on your PC. Copy the TWRP img file which you have downloaded above inside this folder.
- Open command prompt from inside this folder: Hold down Shift Key + Right Click > Select ‘Open Command Window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell Window here’.
- Connect your Honor 7X to your PC via USB cable.
- Execute the below command in the command window:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your Honor 7X will now boot into bootloader mode.
- Now, execute the below command in the command window to install TWRP on Honor 7X:
fastboot flash recovery twrp_Honor_7x.img
- Once the installation finishes, reboot your device by executing the below command:
How to Root Honor 7X
- Download SuperSU Zip file for Honor 7X from here: Download SuperSU.
- Copy the downloaded SuperSU Zip file to your Honor 7X internal storage.
- Reboot your Honor 7X into TWRP Recovery:
- Power off your device.
- Hold Power + Volume Up button at the same time.
- You will be asked to ‘Swipe to Allow Modifications’. Do it.
- Once you are in TWRP, tap on Install > Browse and select the SuperSU Zip file which you have downloaded above > Swipe to flash it.
- Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Congratulations! You can successfully installed TWRP and rooted your Honor 7X!
Still have doubts on how to root Honor 7X? Drop a comment below!