Android Oreo for OnePlus 5T is finally here in the form of OxygenOS Open Beta 1 on OnePlus 5T for OnePlus 5T. In this guide, you will learn how to download and install OxygenOS Open Beta 1 on OnePlus 5T.
OnePlus is one of the very few manufacturers who has been consistently delivering when it comes to Android Software Updates to their devices. They are constantly in touch with the fans and are constantly listening. After months of waiting, Android Oreo for OnePlus 5T is finally available for the OnePlus 5T. The OxygenOS Beta 1 for OnePlus 5T brings all the goodness of Android Oreo such as Notification dots, Picture-in-picture mode, auto-fill API and many other features. Read ahead to know how to install Android Oreo on OnePlus 5T by flashing OxygenOS Beta 1.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Install Oxygen OS Beta 1 on OnePlus 5T
- 2 Prerequisites
- 3 Download OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5T
- 4 Guide to Install Android Oreo Based OxygenOS Beta 1 on OnePlus 5T
How to Install Oxygen OS Beta 1 on OnePlus 5T
A couple of days ago, just after Christmas, the German Twitter handle of OnePlus teased the users about the upcoming Open Beta Program for the OnePlus 5T. OnePlus has kept its word that it will deliver the first Open Beta based on Android Oreo for OnePlus 5T in late December.
OnePlus Staff Member Teja Naga Bharan official announced the Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 update for the OnePlus 5T via a forum post. Below are a few screenshots of the update:
Here is the official changelog of the OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5T:
- Make sure your device has at least 50% of charge. This is to make sure that the phone doesn’t die during the update process.
- Make a full back of your OnePlus 5T. Guide here: Guide to Backup Android Devices.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5T
You can download the OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 1 by clicking below:
Thanks to Funk Wizard for the mirror links.
Guide to Install Android Oreo Based OxygenOS Beta 1 on OnePlus 5T
There are two methods depending on whether or not your device is rooted and have a custom recovery. Either way, the steps are simple – be sure to choose the one right for you.
Method 1: Using Stock Recovery [ Non Rooted users without TWRP]
- Make sure you have downloaded the OxygenOS Open Beta 1 Update Zip file from the downloads section above.
- Copy the file to your device. Make sure the file is placed in the root of the Internal Storage [which means ‘not inside any folder’].
- Go to Settings > System Updates > Tap on the Cog Icon in the top right corner > Select ‘Local Upgrade’.
- You will be asked to select the downloaded zip file. Select the same.
- After selecting the file, when you are prompted > Simply tap on ‘Upgrade Now‘.
- The system will now automatically reboot your device to stock OxygenOS Recovery and will install OxygenOS Open Beta 1 on OnePlus 5T.
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery [Rooted Users with TWRP Recovery]
Note: It is recommended to use Blu_Spark TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 5 for this process. You can download it from here.
- Copy the downloaded Full ROM Zip file to the internal storage of your device.
- Reboot your OnePlus 5T into TWRP Recovery:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power Button till you see the OnePlus logo.
- Once you are in TWRP: Tap on ‘Wipe’ > ‘Advanced Wipe’ and then select ‘System’, ‘Data’, ‘Cache’ and ‘Dalvik / ART Cache’ and ‘Swipe to Wipe’. Refer the screenshot below for any help:
- Once the Wipe is complete, go back to the TWRP home screen.
- Tap ‘Install’ and select the Full ROM Zip file which you have downloaded and swipe the button to install Oxygen OS 5.0 on OnePlus 5.
- If you want root access, then you can simply flash SuperSU or Magisk via TWRP Recovery.
- Reboot your device.
Your OnePlus 5T will now boot into OxygenOS Beta 1 based on Android Oreo. As the update is beta, some bugs are to be expected. Enjoy the Android Oreo on OnePlus 5T!
Need help? Drop a comment below!