In this guide, you will learn how to download and install the latest Xperia XZ Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware [41.3.A.0.401].
The latest update will bring all the new features of Android Oreo along with certain Xperia specific features. If you have not received the OTA update yet, you can download it manually and flash on your device. using this simple guide to download and install Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware Xperia XZ.
Table of Contents
- This Firmware file is only applicable to Xperia XZ. Do not try it on another device you can brick it.
- Take full backup of the data in the device
- Your device must be charged upto 50-60%.
Note: We are not responsible for any damage caused to your phone.
- Download Android Oreo FTF file for Xperia XZ F8332 (Customized MEA).
- Download Android Oreo 41.3.A.0.401 FTF for Xperia XZ F8332 (Customized SA).
- Download the latest Sony Flash Tool.
Steps To Flash Android 8.0 Oreo 41.3.A.0.401 On Xperia XZ
Step 1: Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your device.
- To enable the developer options, Go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number. Tap on Build Number 7 times in order to enable the developer options.
- To enable USB Debugging go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
If you have not understood how to enable these options, click here for a complete guide.
Step 2: Download Sony Flash Tool on your PC and extract it in Flashtool Folder. Then go to Flashtool folder > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers.exe and install all the drivers Flashtool, Fastboot, and Xperia respectively.
Step 3: Download Android Oreo 8.0 FTF Firmware from the download section on your PC and save it inside the Flashtool folder > Firmware.
Step 4: Now, Open Flashtool.exe and click on Flash Device > Flashmode. Browse and select the FTF firmware that you moved to Firmware folder in the Step 3.
Step 5: Check the option ‘Wipe Cache, data, apps_log, and user data’ if you want to install the firmware by cleaning your device. If you don’t want to clean the device you should uncheck this option.
Step 6: Click on OK button and the file will be prepared for the flashing process.
Step 7: Once the process gets completed, Connect your Xperia XZ device when prompted. Turn off the phone. Now, press and Hold Volume Down key while plugging the USB cable into your PC.
Step 8: When your device gets detected, the flashing process will begin. Do not leave the Volume Down Key until flashing is done.
Step 9: Once the process is completed, leave the volume down key and disconnect your device. Now Reboot your device and enjoy the features.
Congratulations! You now have successfully installed the Android Oreo update on your Xperia XZ.