Android is all about customization and Xposed Framework for Android takes it to a whole new level. In this guide, you will learn how to install Xposed Framework v89 on any Android device running Android Nougat, Marshmallow, or Lollipop.
Android is the most customizable mobile operating system, no doubts about that. But how much customization can an Android device take out of the box? The answer to that question has changed a lot over the years but still, OEMs does not provide much control to their users. If you want to take full control of your device, rooting is the way to go. Xposed Framework can be installed on any rooted Android device to leverage its power and Xposed Framework v89 has just been released.
Xposed Framework v89
For those who are not in the know, Xposed Framework is an API or a framework which provides access to the core features and functionalities of the Android Operating System. Xposed Framework kind-of acts as a backdoor to the powerful Android Core functionalities and provides access to the developers to take advantage of the same. Pretty anything you can imagine can be achieved with Xposed Framework and there are several ‘Xposed Modules‘ available for that. Every Xposed Module offers a different functionality.
The developer, rovo89, who behind this beauty recently posted an update on the progress of Xposed Framework for Android Oreo. He also announced the Xposed v89 in the very same post. I am directly quoting the developer here on what’s new on Xposed Framework v89:
Version v89 also includes a change in Xposed’s process permissions, which should help on ROMs which reset app directory permissions on each reboot.
Now that we have got that out of the way, read ahead to know how to install Xposed Framework v89 on any Android device.
- If you didn’t know already, Xposed is a pretty complex stuff and hence, it is always recommended to backup your device: Guide to Backup Android Devices Without Root.
- Your device must have a working TWRP Recovery installed.
- Make sure you have enough battery left on your device to survive the process.
Download Xposed Framework v89
Points to keep in mind while downloading:
- Make sure to download the right version according to your Android version.
- There will be three versions for every Android version: X86, arm, and arm64. Download the appropriate one according to your device architecture.
- Lollipop 5.0 [SDK 21]: Download
- Lollipop 5.1 [SDK 22]: Download
- Marshmallow 6.0 [SDK 23]: Download
- Nougat 7.0 [SDK 24]: Download
- Nougat 7.1 [SDK 25]: Download
How to Install Xposed Framework v89
- Copy the downloaded Xposed Framework Zip file to your phone.
- Make sure your phone is not connected to your PC.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery: Tap on ‘Install’ > Select the downloaded Xposed Framework v89 Zip File > ‘Swipe to confirm flash’.
- The above step will install Xposed v89 on your Android device.
- Once the above process completes, reboot your device.
- After reboot, download the latest Xposed Installer APK file and install the same. Download the file from here: Xposed Installer v3.1.4.apk
- Open the ‘Xposed Installer’ app. The status in the main screen of the app should say ‘Xposed Framework version 89 is active‘. It should look like this:
Voila! That is all. You have successfully installed Xposed Framework v89 on your Android device. What next? Downloading Xposed Module.
Download Xposed Modules
Now that we are done with all the hard part, here’s the fun part. You can browse through a wide collection of Xposed Modules, each offering a different functionality for your device. How to do that you ask? Here we go:
- Open the Xposed Installer app.
- Tap on the ‘Menu’ icon in the top right corner and select ‘Download’. You will be taken to the native downloads section.
- Tap on any of the modules which fit your needs and download the same.
- Once you have downloaded the module, you need to activate Xposed Modules inorder for them to work.
- To do this, tap on the ‘Menu’ icon in the top right corner and select ‘Modules’. Simply tap on the checkboxes to enable them.
- Reboot your device for the changes to take effect. Everytime you enable or disable a module, do reboot your device for the changes to take effect.
This is the easiest way to install Xposed Framework v89 on Android Nougat, Marshmallow or Lollipop.
Need help? Drop a comment below!