In this guide, we will tell you how to unlock Bootloader on Honor 7X [All Variants]. Unlocking Honor 7X Bootloader enables you to easily install a custom recovery or root Huawei 7X or even install a custom ROM. This is the official and safe way to unlock Bootloader on Honor 7X.
Honor 7X is the latest budget midrange device from Huawei. The phone ticks all the boxes to be a great midranger and it is already receiving positive reviews from both fans and critics alike. The comes with a 5.93-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels. It is powered by 1.7GHz octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. In the camera department, Honor 7X packs a 16-megapixel dual camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
Table of Contents
Reasons to Unlock Honor 7X Bootloader
Below image should give you a brief idea of what unlocking bootloader of Honor 7X could let you achieve:
- It enables you to install a custom recovery such as TWRP on your Honor 7X.
- It enables you to root your device and try out all the awesome mods available for Android devices. Plus, complete control of your device.
- It lets you install a custom ROM of your choice.
- Once you have root, you can install Sound Mods like ViPER4Android or a wide range of Magisk Modules.
- Make a complete backup of your device: Guide to Backup Your Android Device Without Root.
- Make sure you have the latest USB Drivers installed on your PC: Download USB Drivers for All Android Devices.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your device: How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock On Android.
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC: Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure your device has at least 60% of charge before proceeding with the tutorial.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 7X
- Make sure you have read the Prerequisites section carefully and everything is in place.
- First Open the Official Huawei Bootloader Unlock Request Page on your Computer then login to your account by clicking below.
- If you do not have an account, register for a new one.
- Agree to the terms and condition [read them, maybe?] and click ‘Next‘ button.
- You will need a few details for requesting an unlock code.
- On your Huawei Phone, go to Dialer/Phone. Enter *#*#1357946#*#* and note down the product ID.
- Next, go to Settings > About phone and save the IMEI/MEID, model number and, serial number.
- On the next page, you will be asked for information about your Huawei device. Provide the necessary information about your Huawei device and hit ‘Submit‘ button.
- If everything till the above step is going fine, you will get a unique 16-digit bootloader unlock code for your device. Note it down somewhere, we are gonna need this.
- Next, connect your Huawei device to the PC with a USB cable. If this is the first time connection your device after enabling USB Debugging, you will be prompted on your phone to authorize your computer for ADB access. Allow access.
- Now go to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed. Open a command window in there: Hold down ‘Shift’ Key + Right Click > Select ‘Open Command Window here‘ or ‘Open PowerShell Window here’.
- Boot your Huawei device into bootloader mode using the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
Alternate way to reboot Huawei Device to bootloader mode: if you can Power off the device completely, wait for 2-4 seconds and then press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys altogether for around 10 seconds. If you have a Huawei tablet, press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
- Once your device is in bootloader mode, execute the following command to unlock bootloader:
fastboot oem unlock your-unlock-code
Replace ‘your-unlock-code’ with your device-specific code that you noted down earlier.
- Once you execute the above command, you will get a warning message on your device. Select Yes and the bootloader unlocking process will begin.
- The process should complete in a matter of seconds. Once it completes, to make sure that your Huawei device’s bootloader is unlocked, execute the below command:
fastboot getvar unlocked
- Now, as a final step, reboot your device by executing the following command:
- Wait for your device to reboot.
Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of Honor 7X. Now you are all set to root your device, install custom recovery and even flash custom ROMs!
Need help? Drop a comment below!