The Alert Slider on OnePlus devices is incredibly useful. Once you get used to it, its to live without. Wish there was a way to customize OnePlus Alert Slider? Now, there is! In this guide, we will tell you how to customize Alert Slider on OnePlus 5T/5 and OnePlus 3T/3. This method works on both Android Nougat and Android Oreo.
OnePlus makes some of the most powerful Android devices at the moment. From OnePlus One to OnePlus 5T, the journey of OnePlus has been wonderful. Since the very beginning, OnePlus devices are known for their build quality. Carl Pei, the co-founder of OnePlus, has several times emphasized on the lack of build quality on Android devices. He even went on to claim that Apple makes phones with a great build quality and that Apple is their inspiration. Well, he wasn’t kidding.
OnePlus is the only other manufacturer on earth to ship their devices with Alert Slider. The Alert Slider was a sort of signature of Apple devices. OnePlus ‘inspired’ the idea from Apple and implemented in all their devices and boy, they implemented it very well. In this article, we will let you know how to customize OnePlus Alert Slider to your heart’s content.
Table of Contents
Customize OnePlus Alert Slider
OnePlus devices are the only Android devices to ship with an Alert Slider. When OnePlus first implemented it on the OnePlus One, people were skeptical about it. Some even called it a blatant copy and a mere attention seeking move. Well, guess what, they were wrong. Sure, the idea is not original, but OnePlus did a very good job in implementing the idea on Android.
While the Alert Slider on OnePlus devices is a great feature, a lot of users were disappointed that OnePlus did not provide a way to customize it very much. There are only three presets and you are stuck with them. Well, not anymore.
In this article, we will tell you how to customize Alert Slider on OnePlus 5T, 5, 3T and 3.
- Your device must be rooted. Not yet rooted? Follow our detailed guides on how to root your OnePlus devices.
- You must have Xposed Framework Installed on your device. Get Xposed here. Or you can look for more Xposed related guides here.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding. Xposed is complicated stuff, know what you are doing.
- This method has been tested on OxygenOS v4.7.6 and above. Just an information.
How to Customize Alert Slider on OnePlus Devices
- Make sure you have carefully read and understood the prerequisites section above.
- Download an awesome app called Oxygen Slider from Google Play Store by clicking below:
- Once you have installed the app from Google Play Store, open the Xposed Installer app.
- Go to Modules section.
- Tap on the Oxygen Slider module and activate the same.
- Reboot your device.
Upon reboot, you can start to customize OnePlus Alert slider to do pretty much anything you like!
Features of Oxygen Slider
The Oxygen Slider App comes with a lot of options, all laid out in a beautiful UI.
Below are some of the features of the app:
- Show a Zen Toast (as seen on Marshmallow) on slider changes.
- Disable volume dialog peeking on slider changes.
- Hide the zen footer in the volume dialog.
- Override the zen footer’s settings shortcut with Oxygen Slider.
You can assign the following actions for the alert slider:
- Total Silence (AOSP)
- Do Not Disturb
- Gaming Do Not Disturb
- Launch application
- Night mode
- Power saver mode
- Much more!
This is the easiest way to customize OnePlus Alert Slider. Now that you have the Oxygen Slider, start customizing the alert slider on your OnePlus device.
Need help? Drop a comment below!